Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Glaize tomorrow??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Glaize tomorrow??

has this rainstorm messed up the crappie fishing for tomorrow in the upper Glaize at LOZ?....and also what jig color would you guys suggest i start out with?...Does "Electric Chicken" work this time of year??..I'm usually just bass fishing now so all crappie advice is very much needed!!..thanks gang!,...kevin

Post Thanks / Like

might suggest hooking up with mr baker as i thing he has been doing well,,as for the glaize i would think it is up and drity but bugman should have a comment on that,,i do know the back of the docks have been the deal
    Last edited by old fuzzy; 05-09-2009 at 09:04 PM.
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I'd stay away from the glaize for a few days it is a mess,orange/char will be the color when it settles back down.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back this evening, Thursday top water bite for the bass was easy.

Friday the storm shut the bass down so we went looking for crappie and the water was getting a little mucky. We ended up finding them pretty easy trolling around docks real slow in about 10 to 25 feet of water. We just kept circleing aroun the same to docks, and did great with black and chartruess and red and chartruess tipped with a niblet.

Saturday, ( today ) got on the water about 6 am and water was like chocolate milk and trash. Tried around docks again and picked up small one only sparingly. We then move to a shallow secondary point and trolled all the way in to a cove with same colors in about 2 to 6 feet of water and picked up about 9 big crappie quick. The sun popped out finally and the werent their no more so we headed back home.

We put in at PB #2 in Osage Beach. Would of stayed longer but had a 3 hour drive in front of us and the tourney boats were doing there thing.

If you go try deeper docks around main lake or whatever works. Water is not that bad. Didnt seem to stop the bite, for me anyways.

Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by old fuzzy View Post
    might suggest hooking up with mr baker as i thing he has been doing well,,as for the glaize i would think it is up and drity but bugman should have a comment on that,,i do know the back of the docks have been the deal
    Haven't been back since Thurs. evening so I am clueless about the conditions since the big rain. I suspect it is a mess.
    Mike