Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: TVA, Bull Run Steam Plant, Tennessee Cats

Post Thanks / Like

Angry TVA, Bull Run Steam Plant, Tennessee Cats

The catfish are biting big time at Bull Run Steam Plant-but STAY OFF THE RAILROAD TRACKS!! I've fished there for years, and the TVA police came by today and told another fisherman and I that there's a law no one is allowed to walk across a railroad track or walk on railroad tracks, and told us if we came back across the tracks, we'd get a citation. EVERYBODY walks the tracks to get to Bull Run Steam Plant, I went to the other side of the tracks and told everyone, and they said they used the tracks every time. But, on the other side of the tracks, no fish were biting. This TVA cop showed us another route to walk in, and it's 3/4 of a mile out of the way. I told the owner of a bait shop up the road, and he says that the cop has only been there a few weeks, and he's already heard numerous complaints. The game warden NEVER told us this garbage when I've dealt with him.. With Kingston Steam Plant out of whack with all this fly ash spill, sounds like TVA doesn't want people fishing their steam plants.

Meanwhile, I fished there two weeks ago and the catfishing is great. Never got anything over 7 lbs., but there's plenty of 1-4 pounders, and they're hungry. I saw someone in a boat fighting a big catfish, he said it was long as his leg, finally it busted his 20 lb. test. Today I only got to fish maybe an hour and fifteen and got three cats, biggest was about 4 lbs, along with 2 bluegills and a couple of yellow bass, then the storm trooper came. The other fellow had caught 7 catfish in about 4 hours, and an assortment of bream, stripes, yellow perch, and gar. This older guy was in his 70's, lived about 6 miles away, says he has fished there all his life and never heard of such foolishness.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like the new guy is trying to make a name for himself... :D:D:D Next time ask him to show you the law in writing!!!
    Blake

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

I asked around at Melton Hill Dam, and the officer is right. Is anyone familiar with the Kingston Steam Plant fly ash spill? It's practically ruined some of Watts Bar Lake. If TVA had went ahead and spent the money they voted against repairing the place a few years back, now we wouldn't have had the problem. Instead, they gave themselves some big raises. Now they're blaming it on the muskrats and beaver. :D Some blame the litter on the riverbank, others blame it on homeland security, and others blame it on a security guard who wanted to take his kids and wife fishing later that day. :rolleyes: