Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: lake ozark

Post Thanks / Like

Default lake ozark

I am bringing my 9 year old Grandson down Saturday for a day of fishing. He will fish all day,and you have to make him leave when its time to go home even if he never gets a bite. I would like some good up to date info so maybe he can catch some crappie. If he catches a good mess of fish, God help me, i will be fishing more than my wifes honey do's list will allow. Also if you don't mind could you recommend which boat ramps to use. Thanks in advance for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

What part of the lake are you planning on fishing?on the weekend i'd suggest pb1 on the glaize arm the boat traffic is much lighter up there and the fish should push back shallow up there by then,i'll be fishin that area sat and if you need a few places to start i'll do all i can to help you........i'd like to see you get into trouble with the wifethat means that young feller had a great day
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you bugman. the glaize sounds good to me. I will put in at pb1 as early as i can get the little guy moving and get down there, probably lanch around 6:30 to 6:45. any help would be greatly appreciated.My boat is a Lowe 16 ft cream color with a 25 HP Yahama tiller steering.If you see us stop and say hello.

Post Thanks / Like

i think you have the right guy for that area for sure
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Got on the water today about 6:00 p.m. Fishing the Osage around the 10mm. Water temp between 63 and 68. Visibility about a foot and a half. Looks like there is a yellow blanket on the water due to all the pollen. Lot of trash in the water from the trees. (That long green stringy looking stuff.) Makes it hard to cast out and get the jig back without having to clean trash off of it. The good thing is, most of the time when you throw it out, a fish eats it. Had a limit by 7:00 and 32 keepers by 8:00. All catch and release. They were mostly males but did pick up several females still full of eggs. They were all pretty much in the 10.5 inch range except for one or two 11's and one nice 14. All came from behind the docks in shallow water near the bank. Jig color won't matter. Cast it out, reel it in slowly, hang on and have fun. Great time to take the kids fishing.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great time, Mike. That is a good size for those numbers.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speck-ulator View Post
    Thank you bugman. the glaize sounds good to me. I will put in at pb1 as early as i can get the little guy moving and get down there, probably lanch around 6:30 to 6:45. any help would be greatly appreciated.My boat is a Lowe 16 ft cream color with a 25 HP Yahama tiller steering.If you see us stop and say hello.
    I'll look for you guys...........gonna be a fun day for the youngster
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck guys. I hope the young 'un gets into a mess of slabs.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff