Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie nibbles?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie nibbles?

Hello,

Has anyone ever tried Berkleys crappie nibbles? I have seen them in the bait shop and I wonder if they work well or a waste of money. They look like they wound'nt stay on the hook long. If anyone has used them I would like to hear there opinion. THANKS ALOT.
    Snagking

If you aint SNAGING you aint FISHING! :D

Post Thanks / Like

Default YES Crappie Nibbles Do Work

Snagking, they do work with the right stuff with them. Three weeks ago I was fishing a tournament on Wheeler Lake and the bait shop ran out of mimmows. The water temperture is 90 degrees and I have no mimmows. This would send alot of people to the house. I put on a Southern Pro tube, a crappie nibble and a splash of The Original Fish Formula and come in third. Richard Williams told me the other day he had went through 20 cases in one year. They will come off after a pull or two but keep putting them on and watch those rods. We like the colors gold rush and sliver. Let me know what you think about them!!!
    Brad Whitehead
    BnM ProStaff
    WarEagle ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

thanks,
    The shop has three colors white, pink, and chartusse. I belive I will get all three and see which works best.
    Snagking

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Hey Snagking, I am a firm believer in Berkley Crappie Nibbles. I too prefer the ones with glitter. I've tried all four colors but like "Goldrush" the best. I've tried Nitro and other attractors but none compare to Berkley Crappie Nibbles.

As far as recreational fishing I love to vertical jig fish my brush and cane beds. I put the crappie nibble on the jig hook like you would skewer a marshmallow on a stick.

One tip I would suggest is to place 10 or 12 crappie nibbles out of the jar and let the sun harden em up a little. Not so hard that you can't hardly get them on the hook but just firm enough that they don't dissolve as quickly.

They really help in the late winter/early spring period.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Hey snagking,i'm a real believer in the crappie nibbles. early this summer i had fish stacked up pretty good under a marina in the mouth of a cove. i was using a salt and pepper jig with a crappie nibble on and averaging about a fish a minute. when i quit adding the nibbles it slowed way down. started putting them back on and they fired back up. now i even add them to minnows and have had a lot of luck. i do agree with slabbandit, keep some out of the jar, when you keep reaching in the jar with wet hands they get pretty mushy. good fishing, fishjohn

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Tried them and they worked!!!!!

Hello,

I went to the bait shop and purchased all three colors, but today I used the white ones. At the minnow store I ran into my neighbor, his son and a friend going fishing. With 3 in the boat never enough room so I asked if one of them wanted to go with me. My neighbors 13 teen yr old son jumped right in and off we went. We stoped in the shade, in a tree top at 10:30 or so. Between me and him we caught 31 fish off this top. We meet up with his father and friend around 3:00 at the landing. So we had to leave the fish bitting . So in about 4 hours we tore them up. The little fellow was a mighty good fisherman too, I need to add!!!

THANKS FOR THE REPLYS YOU LEAD ME THE RIGHT WAY....
    Snagking