Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Quick Fishing Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quick Fishing Trip

Ole BigOrangeSlab took off today, finished his honey do's and called me this afternoon and said lets squeeze in a late fishing trip. I said sure, so we got on the water this evening about 6pm. Weather was pretty nice and we had the lake all to ourselves.We tried Fishawks nest with no luck.Tried Trashtrouts trash, still no luck.Tried JohnW's bouy but still no fish.Fatboys boo didnt have any on it biting either. Couldnt find any of BigOrangesslabs slabs but finally caught 3 keeper fish on Rja4bama's brim hole.Seen what apprered to be a skeetbum on the side of the road goin home but not sure.Was 2.5 hrs of relaxation and no fish lost their life tonight.Was a great night of fun.Thanks for the invite B.O.S. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Hey gcf was the water way up and muddy? I got those buckets ready.
    You will become like those with which you associate.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't me, dude. I was steadily southbound since I spoke with you earlier, just came thru the door. Not much wind out tonite, glassy water looks good.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

We put in at Franklin Co Dock.Come off the ramp and made a left toward deeper water.The first 1/2 mile was stained a little more than normal but wasnt at all too muddy.The upper end was about like it always seems to me.We just had time to fish 3 locations to be honest and 1 fish come off first choice, 2 fish off second spot and none come from your brim hole. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Water depth was up from saturday for sure. I would guess maybe 2 feet but it seemed low to me saturday so its not like Normandy and overflowing. Should be perfect for a saturday fishing trip.

Post Thanks / Like

took my youngest daughter to nashville to sign a scholarship at cumberland university this am got back around noon had a couple more things to do before heading to the water.called gcf late in the afternoon.went to woods for 2 hrs.nice afternoon,bite was slow,caught fish just not what we were after 3 bream 1 cat.gcf had 3 craps.still had a great time.looking forward to normandy tx. any reports from normandy? i'm sure the water is still high as it was sunday afternoon ,i'm guessing more!
    GOD loves fishermen,the earth is 75% water