Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tribute Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tribute Thread

How about a tribute thread to any one that you fished with that has passed.

Mine was Scott Weatherman. He was my best friends dad when I was a kid. He was kind and patient with me and taught me to crappie fish even when I was a smart mouth kid. I think of him to this day every time I go to the Lake.
    It is not enough that a man should toil and provide,but that he be granted the pleasure of fishing with a friend.

Post Thanks / Like

My Grandpa that man could pull a slab crappie out of a toilet any time of the year.

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say my Dad. Not that he took me fishing or taught me how to fish, but the other way around. My dad as a teen has his own boat from which he trawled for shrimp and made a living at it along with trapping in the winter time. He started working for Texaco when he was in his twenties and stayed with them until he retired. He was a boat skipper. He had always wanted to fish but just didn't have any idea of how to get started. I bought my first boat when I was 20 and he was 50 something. Although I had limited fishing experience I had a lot Field and Stream and Sports Afield knowledge. After I learned a little I got him involved in fishing. He finally bought his own and spent the next 25 years fishing and shrimping again. My hats off to him. Its been 3 years now that he gone and he is sadly missed.

"gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

To my Uncle Bob who passed over 10 years ago, my Dad was never really big into fishing although he would drive us now and then but Uncle Bob, he got me picking crawlers, making jigs and sinkers and just flat out corrupted me with fishing.

Here's to ya Uncle Bob hope your catching nothing but big ones.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

To my Dad, always made time to fish with us.
    Take you kids fishing today!!! They will be grown (and married and have children of their on) tomorrow. Then you can take your GRANDKIDS!
    Podunkideas Pro Staff
    Cornfield Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

All my rowdy friends( hunting and fishing) have passed. I am the last soldier standing. We knew where we stood with one another. Friendships that last a lifetime are sacred. I miss them.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Mine would be my grandfather. He wasn't a big crappie fisherman but we spent alot of nights on the river banks with a campfire, coleman lanterns, and fishing poles propped up in some forked tree branches stuck in the bank.

Post Thanks / Like

When I was a kid from age 5 to 12 or so there was an old gentleman that resided with his daughter and son-in-law across the street from my house. Although he had reached an age where he could no longer fish and hunt the old gent could still spin yarns about his youth growing up on the banks of the Illinois River. I am sure the amount of fish he caught and game he shot increased each and every time he told a story. However, I sat there wide eyed completely mesmerized by his tales. I think I spent more time sitting in his front yard on the ground next to the old green wooden kitchen chair which he placed under a shade tree than I did playing with the neighborhood kids. Even though 60 plus years have passed, I can still envision the old river rat sitting in that old green chair entertaining a completely enthralled young lad with his hunting and fishing
    experiences. I often wish I could have a few more warm summer afternoons and evenings sitting next to that old green chair listening to his stories and let him know how much he influenced my love for hunting and fishing.
    Ken