PDA

View Full Version : out house at boat launches

ready2fish
05-06-2009, 01:28 PM
I seen similar subjects brought up about messes people leave at the boat ramps, well the other day i was at one and had to run to the out house before hitting the water and some idiot had thrown their sh** all over the place. , well All i can say is i hope one of us fisherman someday catch people that do stuff like that and or any other vandalism

poppop
05-06-2009, 01:44 PM
I normally carry a spray bottle of bleach and water and a roll of shop towels in my truck. When I gotta to go....I can't wait very long...I just take that with me in the toilet and clean it the best I can. It is disgusting to clean up after someone....but the other alternative is hitting the woods...but I prefer to sit.

thankfull
05-06-2009, 01:49 PM
PopPop do you ever fish Falls or Jordan not that there is any thing wrong with the rock?

poppop
05-06-2009, 01:55 PM
never have thankfull....been planning a trip to Jordan for several months...just never got there yet. Never fished Falls either.

Arkie John
05-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Going to the woods is usually more sanitary than the honey pots...that is, if you are careful. :D

aj

DRPEPPER
05-06-2009, 03:40 PM
I vote for the woods. I had an audience once. When I was done, I looked up and a doe and her two yearlings were looking at me. I can say I mooned a deer before it could moon me now.
DP

ad1974
05-06-2009, 04:53 PM
We have the same problem here with people messing up/trashing the facilitys at the boat launches and I really can't understand why someone would feel the need to do something like that,I guess some folks just like causing others grief.

Cane Pole
05-06-2009, 04:58 PM
I vote for the woods. I had an audience once. When I was done, I looked up and a doe and her two yearlings were looking at me. I can say I mooned a deer before it could moon me now.
DP

careful.......

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z157/Tlewis38344/stuff/image001.jpg

bc1448
05-06-2009, 05:28 PM
I seen similar subjects brought up about messes people leave at the boat ramps, well the other day i was at one and had to run to the out house before hitting the water and some idiot had thrown their sh** all over the place. , well All i can say is i hope one of us fisherman someday catch people that do stuff like that and or any other vandalism

That is disgusting... it's people like that who mess things up for others.
Blake

Countryboy N.C.
05-06-2009, 06:53 PM
The woods for me!

ready2fish
05-07-2009, 06:04 AM
The woods for me!

That brings up a funny story!

Back when my son was 9 we were out in the woods and he said he had to really go so i told he what to do , well i wasn't paying attention on the leaves i gave him to wipe with. Poison ivy

Shoemoo
05-07-2009, 06:17 AM
I'm somewhat germ-phobic when it comes to outhouses and porta potties. I always either go right before I leave or stop at a rest stop or fast food place on the way so I don't have to use them.

The woods aren't really an option, since the tallest vegetation where I usually fish is about waist high.

Crappie Reaper
05-07-2009, 06:31 AM
I'm somewhat germ-phobic when it comes to outhouses and porta potties. I always either go right before I leave or stop at a rest stop or fast food place on the way so I don't have to use them.

The woods aren't really an option, since the tallest vegetation where I usually fish is about waist high.

Stomp a place flat with your feet.

This thread has turned into a poll. Woods vs. Nasty restroom.

Woods anyday would be my preference.

INGrandad
05-07-2009, 06:47 AM
Couple of places I put in there's no woods and no outhouse. Crank up the outboard and quickly make for the other shore....

INGrandad
05-07-2009, 07:58 AM
well i wasn't paying attention on the leaves i gave him to wipe with. Poison ivy

And that's why I only use maple leaves.

Billbob
05-07-2009, 08:24 AM
good one cp

ready2fish
05-07-2009, 08:55 AM
Not only out houses are dirty but the smell, i always pull my shirt over my nose when i visit, and you know when you wipe the seat off the view is well you decide ?

yankee doodler
05-07-2009, 11:32 AM
I had enough of that kinda sh*t so I bought one o them thar porta potties by Tethford. The wife likes not having to use a can, and if'n I ever have to, then it's done right in the boat.

INGrandad
05-07-2009, 11:39 AM
Bet you cut a sight sitting on that in the boat.

THinking about it, I kind of wish I'd bought one of those instead of the seats I bought for the boat. Hook it up to the swivel.... be kind of fun. Buy of them padded rings, probably put a little padding on the lid to lean back against.

Hmmm...

FroggerZack
05-07-2009, 11:54 AM
5 gallon bucket.... I'll leave the rest up to your imagination!:rolleyes:

Fatman
05-07-2009, 11:57 AM
It'd almost be worth paying $10 bucks a year from everyone who launch's to have a dock keeper there to watch things. But yeah I know I hate Porta Johns too but man when somebody goes out of their way to mess it up just ain't right

Fatman

barry davis
05-07-2009, 12:15 PM
Guys I am just like that bear. If he can sh** in the woods ,so can I. The woods for me anytime.

rnvinc
05-07-2009, 03:46 PM
5 gallon bucket.... I'll leave the rest up to your imagination!:rolleyes:

^
^
^
^
What he said......

wasabi
05-07-2009, 03:58 PM
pooping outdoors feel so natural

ready2fish
05-07-2009, 03:58 PM
I had enough of that kinda sh*t so I bought one o them thar porta potties by Tethford. The wife likes not having to use a can, and if'n I ever have to, then it's done right in the boat.

I for got about that, very good idea that if you have a big boat like yours

poppop
05-07-2009, 08:15 PM
I try to go before I leave home myself....I am very phobic about where I go. My clean up the port-a-john is a last resort for me. With a spastic colon…you don’t always get a lot of time to decide. Sometimes you have to decide in just a few minutes.

Wichita
05-07-2009, 08:28 PM
5 gallon bucket for me! Also makes for anchor storage when not in use! Rather clean up after myself than others at the outhouse! :eek:

Shoemoo
05-07-2009, 08:46 PM
Stomp a place flat with your feet.

Well, being that it's desert sagebrush country, it would mean giving everyone on the water and shore quite a show.

gabowman
05-07-2009, 09:17 PM
The woods for me!

Ditto!

rocket rich
05-09-2009, 06:08 AM
I use the sanitary wipes its easier than a spray bottle

WhitePerchJerker
05-09-2009, 06:36 AM
I take the woods!

Jig Man
05-09-2009, 05:46 PM
I keep a short bucket with a piece of foam pipe insulation around the rim of the bucket. Always have a roll of plastic trash can liners in the boat. Just line the bucket with a plastic bag, do your business, tie the bag shut and dispose of properly when your done fishing.

crappiefarmer
05-10-2009, 12:46 AM
If anybody ever catches someone in the process of smearing up the porta jons like that, lets all make a pact to find a way to lock the door, turn the thing over with the door on the bottom side and let them really enjoy what they were doing. There are some really disgusting people in this world. Why someone would have the urge to even think of something like that is beyond me. Sheesh! I mean think about it. They must have been trying to just think about something to do and then the light bulb goes off in their head. "I KNOW!!! I'll go smear some squeeze in a porta jon down at the ramp!" Now I have seen some pretty disgusting things in my day but there are very few like this instance where You can even begin to try to understand the thought process of someone that would do something like that.CF

mikeb
05-10-2009, 07:55 AM
If anybody ever catches someone in the process of smearing up the porta jons like that, lets all make a pact to find a way to lock the door, turn the thing over with the door on the bottom side and let them really enjoy what they were doing. There are some really disgusting people in this world. Why someone would have the urge to even think of something like that is beyond me. Sheesh! I mean think about it. They must have been trying to just think about something to do and then the light bulb goes off in their head. "I KNOW!!! I'll go smear some squeeze in a porta jon down at the ramp!" Now I have seen some pretty disgusting things in my day but there are very few like this instance where You can even begin to try to understand the thought process of someone that would do something like that.CF

Thats what I think, CF:D:D
Rollum aroung a bit in there own ****.
mikeb

asklouis
05-10-2009, 12:02 PM
If anybody ever catches someone in the process of smearing up the porta jons like that, lets all make a pact to find a way to lock the door, turn the thing over with the door on the bottom side and let them really enjoy what they were doing.

I was lucky enough to catch a guy messing up a bathroom at the lake one night. I guess he was too busy to hear me when I came in. I am an old man but am usually packing. I normally use a carbon fiber holster and my weapon makes a distinctive noise when it comes out. He was more than happy when a uniformed officer arrived to save his butt. I smiled for two days.