Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: PCB Late June

Post Thanks / Like

Default PCB Late June

I am heading to Panama City Beach at the end of June with my wife's family. I want to do some surfcasting. Any body have any idea as to what will be running that time of year? I have some experience fishing for spanish with gotchas off piers in Fort Walton but haven't done any fishing other than a party boat out of PCB.

Also looking at a charter for 6 people for that time if anybody has any suggestions on that front. It is going to be a father's day present for the FIL.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Pc

Hi

The fishing at PCB is the same as FWB

The PCB pier is a good one ..

The Bay fishing in PCB area is different than the FWB area ...

A lot of good charters ... I have not used any of them . .. Get in touch with Half Hitch Tackle on Thomas Drive and they can give you the latest and what boats they recomen.

Hope that helps

JSC
    JSC On The Choctawhatchee

Post Thanks / Like

Any ideas on what to use as far as baits or lures to catch what from the beach? I don't remember is there a rock jetty in PCB to fish off of? As far as inshore fishing, would a medium spinning rod get the job done? Should I just throw lures or should I fish on bottom with bait?

I just want to try and catch some fish, some good eating fish preferably, to take back home or cook one night while we are down there. I can bass fish and crappie fish but am just a novice when it comes to knowing what to throw to catch what down there. If I knew where to go and an idea of what to throw I can catch them. Sorry so many questions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smashdn View Post
    Any ideas on what to use as far as baits or lures to catch what from the beach? I don't remember is there a rock jetty in PCB to fish off of? As far as inshore fishing, would a medium spinning rod get the job done? Should I just throw lures or should I fish on bottom with bait?

I just want to try and catch some fish, some good eating fish preferably, to take back home or cook one night while we are down there. I can bass fish and crappie fish but am just a novice when it comes to knowing what to throw to catch what down there. If I knew where to go and an idea of what to throw I can catch them. Sorry so many questions.
    You asked a lot of questions (ok) but each one has a lot of answers.

A medium Spinning Rod will get the job done .. There is a jetty in PCB .. can be real good at times ...

I know this is not answering your question but ... Check with Half Hitch when you get down here and they can bring you up to speed on whats hitting and what to use and where to go.

I could write a book on it but why when you can get the infor you need at the time you need it ...

Hope You have a great Trip

JSC
    (Dont forget the Bay fishing .. Trout can be a lot fun)
    ------------------------

Post Thanks / Like

These trout, can you eat them? I see the guys on the redfish tourneys on tv and them redfish look like a pink drum to me. I don't know a whole lot of people who go out targetting drum for the table around here.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by smashdn View Post
    These trout, can you eat them? I see the guys on the redfish tourneys on tv and them redfish look like a pink drum to me. I don't know a whole lot of people who go out targetting drum for the table around here.
    Speck Trout (Spotted Weakfish) & Red Fish (some call them Red Drum, Channel Bass) are both good eating (some people swear that Croaker is the best BAY fish of all) ... LA special Blackened Red Fish.
    To get into some serious Salt Water Eating in the Gulf (Off Shore) Red Snapper, Grouper bottom fishing and of course trolling & Piers .. Spanish & Kings are some of the top Table Fare. (course off the piers and in the surf Pompano are #1)

Hope this helps a little.

JSC

Post Thanks / Like

It has been a tremendous help, thank you. the only fish that i have eaten and didn't care for was swordfish. I don't even remeber where i ate it down there but it wasn't my favorite. Grouper is my wife's favorite and I am partial to triggerfish because it is so light and flakey. Though i was reading an article about people who were fishing for other species having to wade through surface feeding trigger fish to get their baits down to the target fish. I cooked up some flavor of snapper about a month ago. We caught a few of the spanish when i was on a spring break trip down to orange beach for baseball back when i was in high school. We gave them away to some guys on the pier so I didn't get to sample them.