Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I need fishing stories.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I need fishing stories.

OK, I have goodies from our sponsors. It's the season. I need articles. Send me a story or article, with 2 pictures, and I'll send you a prize. It can be a fishing trip story, just telling us about how you did, and where/when, or it can be a how to, how I, am so successful, what technique I use, article! But I need articles. I need stories to keep the site rocking, and I need an excuse to give stuff away. Help!

Thanks guys and gals, I know I'm going fishing tomorrow.

As a matter a fact, I'm going to have a story myself. I'm going out with Bubba, on Lake Michigan.
    http://www.waukeganharborhouse.com/c...s-blevins.html

Email pics and story to [email protected]
    Last edited by Slab; 05-06-2009 at 01:06 AM.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good luck fishing the big water Ed...

I'm going to go try a new lake this weekend so I'll try to work up a story for ya.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

That will be easy I'm taking some guys out Crappie fishing and Sturgeon Fishing the 11 and 12th. of this month. Should I send a Picture of their Sturgeon? If knot I will send only Crappie and my Techniques for catching so many Crappie. I did post a picture of last trip. We caught a 100 fish counting ones we kept. I filleted 40 fish myself gave away another 40. Is this the kind of fishing stort your looking for SLAB?

Post Thanks / Like

Slab, I just shot you an email including a pic
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

Post Thanks / Like

Slab,

I have the stories...I just have to find some photos to go with 'em. The very next windy day, I will see what I can come up with! :D

aj

Post Thanks / Like

Smile a good story

I this past weekend I took my Brother-in-law and his 8 yr. old son(Brian) fishing, now this kid likes to fish but loses interest very soon after he has fished for a few minutes after catching nothing. His dad lost patiences with him so i just told him to keep his pole in the water but he was so bored that he just wanted to play in the water, his dad and I were catching a few fish and everytime we would catch one he would put his ploe in the water for about 2 minutes and back to playing in the water, so we decided to leave because he just was so bored he was getting his ploe tangled in ours and I said to his Dad that i'd take him to a pond where i knew he would catch some fish, so we left the lake and got a bite to eat we got to my house and his mother and older brother were there and we told them about our catch and how bored Brian had gotten. He asked me if we were going to the pond i told him sure lets go, his brother wanted to go also and his Dad came along too. after we got there the fish were jumping in the pond and Brian's eyes lit up and he said to me "hey we are going to have a fishing contest you and Brandon against me and Dad, I agreed with him and caught a fish then his brother caught one me another and then his Dad well needless to say Brian got upset that he couldn't catch anything and again he started throwing things in the water so i went over to him and said "hey Brian show me how you are reeling your bait in and he threw it out and started to reel it in really fast, there were minnows at the edge of the pond and about that time a bass cruized up to the edge of the pong and just hammered to minnows that were swimming at the shore so i told Brian to look at the minnows and try to make your bain move like the minnows and you'll catch a fish well he tried but couldn't catch anything so i took his pole and i cast it out and started reeling it in very slowly and a fish hit it, i set the hook and handed it to him and said try to reel this in real slow he felt the fish on it and said het Uncle Lonzo you got one i said reel it in buddy and he started to reel it in really fast and it got to the bank and flopped off back into the water needless to say that really upset him and he said i'm ready to go i said no we have to stay until you get a fish, he had big tears to well up in his eyes and i just stayed right there with him and worked with him on his retrieve until i saw that he had it down i saw fish jumping in the lower end of the pond so i went down there and caught 3 fish in a few casts i call for him to come down next to me and i said now cast it out and reel it in just like i showed you he cast in and on the 3rd cast a bass hit his pole he set the hook and reeled in a 15.5" bass the look on his face while he was reeling it in and the excitement in his body language when he got it in was priceless this was the very first time he had ever caught a fish on his own and i was so proud of him for sticking with it. Now he wants to go with me when ever i go and i'll be glad to help him i have tried to post the picture of him and his fish but i'm having trouble, but this kid really made me proud.

Post Thanks / Like

Sturgeon pics would be very cool as well. I'm sure there are some out there that have never seen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Jones View Post
    That will be easy I'm taking some guys out Crappie fishing and Sturgeon Fishing the 11 and 12th. of this month. Should I send a Picture of their Sturgeon? If knot I will send only Crappie and my Techniques for catching so many Crappie. I did post a picture of last trip. We caught a 100 fish counting ones we kept. I filleted 40 fish myself gave away another 40. Is this the kind of fishing stort your looking for SLAB?
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best