Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: boat reg. #

Post Thanks / Like

Default boat reg. #

how or what to use on getting old registration numbers off of a use boat? bought a use boat and need to get numbers off and put my new ones on.

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Some numbers come off easy by using a hair blow dryer to warm them and make the pliable. If they peel clean you're there if the glue stays then some sort of solvent has to be use to remove the glue.

"gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

If the #'s are vinyl use a blow dryer or heat gun to soften the glue. Once you get a corner up just keep the heat in front of the area you are pulling up. Be careful with the heat gun, the blow dryer is a little slower, but much easier on paint and fingers...

Post Thanks / Like

Use A Heat Gun To Get The Old Numbers Off. Then Clean With Acetone Or Mek. I Then Put A Piece Of Masking Tape On Forming A Line Where I Want To Put My New Numbers . So I Can Put Them On Straight, Then Peel Off The Masking Tape When Done.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for info. going to try the wife hair dryer on them.

Post Thanks / Like

on any glue that remains try wd40 to soften it then use a plastic putty knife or credit card. this is easy on the boat finish.
    honey.'':o the weather is to bad to work in the yard so I think I'll go fishing''

Post Thanks / Like

your gonna think im nuts...but wd-40 works great at getting the glue off... just make sure to get all the oily stuff off before u add your new letters
    For the love of Kids and FISHING!

Post Thanks / Like

skeeter you are not nuts. WD40 does alot of stuff, gets tar and bugs off of your truck/car pine sap off your hands best thing since duct tape.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Goo Gone

You might try Goo Gone, made from orange oil I think, works good at removing the sticky mess left behind.
    Waterboy1