Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: dad nabbit it's story time!

Post Thanks / Like

Default dad nabbit it's story time!

well for the second time in my life i actually got mad at someone who cut me off while fishing...usually alway's turn the other cheek. but i was fishing the dam out at maple going nice and steady casting a roadrunner to the bank working kind of quick. well i see this boat coming out about 200 yard's coming right at me at idle speed, get's closer and closer and i think well he's gona stop at those stump's. nope he cut's his big motor, put's down the trolling motor and cut's me off right in front of me about 10-15 yard's and start's throwing a slib bobber to the bank, well by that time were a bit closer. i just yelled "oh i'm sorry, i did'nt know i was fishing your spot" he was an older guy an looked at me and said pardon, i said nevermind i'll move, cranked up my motor and just ran right in beween him and the dam at my wopping 15 mph:D i was actually get'n ready to move, was just killing time giving my honey hole's a break. but nevertheless i did say something. it would of been totally different if he would of trolled up around me and struck up conversation or anything, maybe started, not in my direction, but he was determined to fish that dam and cut me off at a short distance and cast to those rock's...i'm not venting, not disturbed about it at all, the sun will rise tomorrow, and the fish are gonna bite. but just wanted to listen to myself so i figured i would include all my fellow crappie.com friend's.:D good fishing fella's
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default I Can't Believe U Would Vent

I Never Vent On .com ..... It Is Spawning Time, And You Can Execpt The Worst Manners.....
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

LMAO...you go monty:D
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the story Jeff. I'm just glad your up to being out.

I of course am still in the office. So just be glad that you were able to be out and have some prick cut you off.

Hope you can make it to camp next week.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

A pacifist like myself would never do such a thing. I, for one, am shocked at such a display.

I would have quickly exited the lake and let him have it. After all, apparently it belonged to him.
    Last edited by bwillaub; 05-06-2009 at 10:34 AM.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

You got your point across Jeffie. Maybe he'll think before doing it to someone else. I can't wait for the spawn to be over. Bring on summer patterns.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

sometimes you just gotta let some steam off.
    Last edited by catman; 05-06-2009 at 06:49 AM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

Think some people don't stop to think about it. And then a few that probably do but don't care. Either way, not worth letting them put a damper on your day but boy its hard not to react in some manner. Every year I look forward to the spawn and then look forward to it getting over. You want conditions where you can fish anywhere you want? Try daytime at Stockton in July, you can have your choice.

Will offer this as an opinion. I fish two different boats at times. When in the older alum deep V with the smaller motor I think people in larger, later model rigs are more prone to set down closer to me than if they see me in the bigger glass boat. Coincidence? Could be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by speckhunter View Post
    You got your point across Jeffie. Maybe he'll think before doing it to someone else. I can't wait for the spawn to be over. Bring on summer patterns.
    TIC-TIC-THUMP:D
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Geeees Jeffery,

I think I would have also had a hard time with that one. I've been known to get a little vocal at times on the lake with intrusions' and bass fishermen doing 60 mph 30 ft. away from your boat while fishing. If I would have handled it like you I think my blood pressure would go down.

Later, Ship