Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rainy Sunday crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rainy Sunday crappie

There's a private lake about 10 mins. from my house that I been wanting to take a boat in for the last 14 yrs. My buddy G-duck just happens to have a friend who lives on this lake & got us permission to go out & fish it. I'd always heard it was loaded with crappie , its true. We got there about 2pm & slammed 10''-13 '' crappie till 6pm in a light rain. We also got quite a few bass , some nice y.perch, pickeral & bluegill . So mamy times you have high hopes for a spot & when you finally get there your dissapointed not this time it was some amazing crappie fishing. We didn't get any monster ones but I'm sure there are some in there. Water temp. was 65 & they were real aggresive. Got send out a big thanks to ya G-duck that was awesome can't wait to go back .

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yeah that was a fun fishing trip!

Tear em up and I really did have a good time on that small lake, and like he said not even a single ounce of disapointment there, cant wait to get out there again. I called my friend who lives there to thank him and got his wife who had no idea we were even out there, and asked if she liked some crabs when we get some, she said she loves them but we dont need to take any to them and i said oh yes we do so make sure we get them some this summer for sure! Tear em up did not count or lost count of how many fish he caught but i know i caught at least 43 and i could of lost count on a few myself, more than once i was trying to handle two rods at once and lost several, ok alot of fish, i commented about if i used only one rod if i would have actually caught more fish?? Tear em up was laughing at me a few times as i reeled one fish in while holding my other rod at the same time, might have noticed him do it as well. As he mentioned there were alot of other fish in between the crappie. Also saw some huge carp swimming around like sharks with there fins out of the water, had to toss a perch at one before it collided with the boat, i know tall tale?? but it really is true!