Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How to lift boat?

silverside is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How to lift boat?

I have a 16 ft aluminum modified jon with casting decks and console and 40hp. I need to repair leaking rivets under the front casting deck and also replace the trailer pads. What is the best way to raise the boat to work underneath safely?

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

For the bunks, loosen the bow strap slightly, remove the rear strap, then working one side at a time, jack up the rear corner of the boat (using a wood block to protect the boat) until the boat clears the bunk by about an inch. Install jack stand. You can now remove the bunk and do whatever needs to be done. I've done a couple this way with no problem outside of the aches and pains from my ole bod laying on the ground.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

silverside is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks IBNFSHN! I will give that try.

Has anyone used JB Weld on leaky rivets and had it hold up to wave pounding?

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Silverside ...

Quote Originally Posted by silverside View Post
    Thanks IBNFSHN! I will give that try.

Has anyone used JB Weld on leaky rivets and had it hold up to wave pounding?
    I've been fishing out of my buddy's boat for well over 10yrs ... and there's more rivet holes plugged with JB Weld & Knead-it, than there are secure rivets :D
    His boat is a 80's something Tracker TX17 ... and we've gutted it (removed decks & floor) and screwed it back together, more than once. Hull rivet holes are plugged with either of the two products mentioned, probably both, and it's been over 10yrs ago ... and still holding. And we've had it in some rough water situations.

... cp

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    I've been fishing out of my buddy's boat for well over 10yrs ... and there's more rivet holes plugged with JB Weld & Knead-it, than there are secure rivets :D
    His boat is a 80's something Tracker TX17 ... and we've gutted it (removed decks & floor) and screwed it back together, more than once. Hull rivet holes are plugged with either of the two products mentioned, probably both, and it's been over 10yrs ago ... and still holding. And we've had it in some rough water situations.

... cp
    man I'm glad my boat is welded..
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor