PDA

View Full Version : Used new pole for first time...

silverside
05-04-2009, 10:18 PM
I tried out my new BnM jigging pole with a Wally Marshall crappie reel. The pole was great. The reel is now crappie structure. :(

Fatman
05-05-2009, 12:06 PM
Great on the pole and hopefully you marked the GPS on that new structure

Fatman

LSUguy
05-05-2009, 12:13 PM
I tried out my new BnM jigging pole with a Wally Marshall crappie reel. The pole was great. The reel is now crappie structure. :(

What made ya pitch the reel? Those reels are made for jigging or trolling only... I had a few and actually liked them. I just restrung them with better line and set the drag where I wanted it. Worked like a charm for me.

silverside
05-05-2009, 07:45 PM
LSUguy...
I also restrung, with BPS Excel. It worked good the first half of the day, but then it would not wind up. Also the diameter of the 8# line was small enough to get between the spool and side case. I could crank and crank on the handle but the spool would not turn. If I took it apart and put back together it would maybe work another hour then stop cranking again.

silverside
05-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Great on the pole and hopefully you marked the GPS on that new structure

Fatman

Actually I never wanna be anywhere near that reel again ;)

PPace42
05-05-2009, 07:52 PM
I am with you, those doggone things are awful!! I bought two of the underspin reels (40.00) a pop and both of them were awful. One was actually stolen out of my boat while I was getting minners here a couple of weeks ago! I pity the fool that stole it!:)

"Fish 4 Life"

Pam :rolleyes:

thankfull
05-06-2009, 01:59 PM
Those rods are second to none.

Arkie John
05-06-2009, 02:30 PM
This is a good place to learn about crappie and a great place just to hang out.

aj

I am with you, those doggone things are awful!! I bought two of the underspin reels (40.00) a pop and both of them were awful. One was actually stolen out of my boat while I was getting minners here a couple of weeks ago! I pity the fool that stole it!:)

"Fish 4 Life"

Pam :rolleyes: