Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New American Sportsmen Group Starting!

Post Thanks / Like

Default New American Sportsmen Group Starting!

I just wanted to make sure any interested person knew we are starting a new American Sportsmen group in Chesterton. Here's the info about it

http://www.lbchurch.org/userarea/sta...nSportsmen.asp

You all are welcome!!!

Post Thanks / Like

What if we are anti religion? My church is being on the water on a Sunday morning, praising mother nature, that's it, nothing more, no gods or higher powers. If one attends these functions is religion going to be forced upon them, are there going to be prayers, singing, bowls passed around for money, and people trying to get you to attend their weekly services.

Post Thanks / Like

Default American Sportsmen

Crappie66, thanks for your honest response! No, there won't be any singing, hand holding and no passing the plate! The evening will be primarily hearing from Dave from NWI Bass Club. We will also have a lot of Q and A time with him. In addition we will have short video from "Angler's Edge" about how faith is enhanced by the outdoors but no pressure or altar calls, etc. I respect where you are at on these issues and know the inspiration that comes from being on the water or out in the woods. It's going to be a fun time of men gathering and talking fishing. Feel free to come and I apologize for bad experiences you've had in the past with the church. As a pastor, I know the church has made a lot of mistakes with men. I recently read a book titled, "Why Men Hate Church" that really rezonated with me. I grew up fishing and hunting from a young age and love the outdoors. I think you'll find something different in this group.

Sincerely,
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default American Sportsmen Group Has a Great Start!!

The new group, American Sportsmen, started last night with a great meeting and turn out. Here's more details about what we did http://www.illinoiswaters.net/heartl...ntry.php?e=276

Dave and Ira from NW Indiana Bass Club were very knowledgeable and did a great job with the program. I learned a lot about fishing for bass. My fried crappie was a hit too!!

billvet6 Guest

Mike I am glad I came. Thanks for letting us know about it. Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Default American Sportsmen

Bill, thanks for coming! It was great to get to know you and to hear of the places that you've fished in Indiana. I'd love to get out with you sometime. Let me know if your going and want to hook up. I'm going to try to head down to the Kankakee today and will keep this board informed. I've posted more pics from Tuesday night on the club's website at http://www.lbchurch.org/userarea/sta...nSportsmen.asp I think our next meeting will be on Sept. 27th, topic to be announced.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing Trip on Sept. 24th

Ready to go fishin'?

The American Sportsmen are going to have a fishing outing to see if we learned anything in our last meeting and see who really can catch the biggest fish! Or, is it the most fish?

Here are the details:
    - Date: Saturday September 24th
    - Time: Meet at the churchhttp://www.lbchurch.org at 6am
    - Where: We'll travel via caravan to Potato Creek State Park (North Liberty hwy 4 & hwy 31)
    - Boats: Bring your boat if you have one BUT there are boat rentals at the park - at church we'll pair people up if you have room in your boat.
    - Info: For more info on Potato Creek SP see http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/prope...tatocreek.html
    - Any questions: e-mail or call me at 510-3193 or [email protected]

Let's go FISHIN' !!!!

billvet6 Guest

Smile

Mike,I am going to try to make it.I haven't been to potato yet this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Potato Creek Trip

Bill, great!!! Let me know if you might have room in your boat for someone. But feel free to bring someone too. Jim and I are trying to get enough boats so that we don't have to rent any. We will meet at the east boat launch probably about 7am.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,
    If you or anyone else has a spot open in their boat I'd like to fill it. Can't get my brother or dad to come out that early! Thanks
    Hank
    I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast