Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Last nights fare.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Last nights fare.

Took the wife down to Eagle lake and after working the shallows w/ flyrod and determining they hadn't move in yet, we turned our attention to deeper water.

Found them in 12-15 FOW suspended 6-8' down. They seeemed to like both live minners, and Laserdocs Green Hornet best, but we caught a couple on panfish assassin tomato seeds too.

All in all we caught a dozen or so and kept 6 of the nicer ones. Largest was just under 11". I know this lake is holding bigger slabs...one day I'll find them.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

Do they have a size limit on the lake, Yankee Doodler? Crappie got scarce in my neck of the woods for a while, then they restocked several lakes and put a 10" size and a limit of 20 fish/day about 20 years ago. Then they dropped the creel limit to 15. It seems to help some, the fish seem larger and more plentiful. Not like in the good old days, though, we used to head to the lake and bring back 100 or more.

Post Thanks / Like

Default No Festus. No size and no limit.

which is NOT the way to transform a lake into a slab hangout. I personally toss all the ones less than 10" back in. I harvest enough that keeping the dinks doesn't make it for me. I know there are some bigger fish in here, so I'll just keep lookin'.

BTW all the keepers were prespawn females.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

I think one of the reason the crappie are scarcer is because Watts Bar has a lack of cover. Can't remember when the dam was built, maybe in the 1930's. I know one of my favorite fishing holes had a huge stump in it, and it finally deteriorated, you can catch a few in there now, but not like in the good old days.

Post Thanks / Like

nice pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch!!!!!!!

Fatman