Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question about the Jordan bite???

jdccpa Guest

Default Question about the Jordan bite???

Hey guys, been reading your posts for about a week and am wanting to give it a try this week. However, I am three hours away and want to ask a question before I make the time and $ committment. It seems that most of you are drifting or trolling and I am not set up to do that...ie-only two rods, no rod holders, etc. As such, my question is if I can catch some keeper fishing the old fashioned way....throwing jigs around structure/brush near the banks? Thanks for the help....if will be great to get some info from guys that have been out on the water!!

Post Thanks / Like

jdccpa,i have never fished the old way at jordan.i think if i only had two rods and no holders i would do just like a lot of us started out trolling,tie on a double jig rig,lay your rods in the boat,one out each side,troll away real slow in deeper water 10ft.or so rite now.keep rigs rite off the bottom and hang on.you don't have to have ten or twelve rods out to catch fish.good luck.oh yea fishing nekid mite help some lol

Post Thanks / Like

Also there are several bridges in a small area and lots of standing timber. You should be able to catch crappie around any of these.

Just get him on, then we'll worry about getting him in!