Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skipjack and Catfish - Pics

Post Thanks / Like

Default Skipjack and Catfish - Pics

Took my son to Barkley Dam and we caught a bucket of skipjack. My son was catching them (2 at a time) and having a blast.

Me and best friend took those skipjack to the Ohio River and caught a nice bunch of channels and bluecats. Fun trip!

The heavens declare the glory of God and the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Psalm 19:1

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch ! thanks for the photos

Post Thanks / Like

that looks like a great time and a very good meal
    Just my two cents:D

Post Thanks / Like

Nice lookin cats wish I could have been there after they went in the grease bath :p:p:p

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

do you fillet a catfish basicely like any other? never have tried to do this

Post Thanks / Like

good eatin right there and looks like ur boy was havin as much if not more fun than u where
    If you can't fish with the big boys, keep it on the trailor

Post Thanks / Like

Some of them catfish are probably big enough to cut into steaks. Catfish on a charcoal grill sure are good. Congratulations on the mess of fish. Sometimes catching bait can be as much fun as the main event.

close to the river but not far enough from work
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hotdawg View Post
    take an old screwdriver and put it through his bottom lip and then hammer into a tree, from just below his gills cut to back of dorsel on both sides ,then pull the skin off with pliers and then filet while still in the tree

Post Thanks / Like

I fillet cats the same as I would a crappie... I make a diagonal cut from the back fin to the belly fin... run the knife back to the tail, flip the fillet then cut the skin off... On the bigger cats I go back and cut the meat above the rib cage out.
    Blake

Post Thanks / Like

I like to hang them from a hook on a small chain. Take my fish skinners and get a bite of the skin on the bone right below the side fins. Peel the skin down and over the tail on both sides. You will have to pull up on the triangle of skin left on the belly. Take a sharp knife and cut along the sides of the long anal fin. Take the fish skinners and pull the fin off. Now take the knife and cut just below the head and under the side fin bones all the way around the fish. Slice the belly meat from the vent up to your last cut. Now take your hands and twist the fishes head from the body severing the spine. Clean out the guts and voila a whole, skinless, headless fish. Now you can take and fillet the meat from the bones. For larger fish I fillet them after skinning, smaller fish I leave whole with the tail on. Fried catfish tail is crispy like a tater chip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast