Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What An Awesome Day!!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking What An Awesome Day!!

WOOO today was awesome!!
    It started out kinda bad, but it ended up with me catching a bass. I've never caught one EVER.. IT was SWEET !!

I went to Lake Cherokee this morning and fished a while with no luck at all.. Tried both sides of the lake and just couldn't seem to do any good. I lost 2 lures and 2 bobbers but hey that's how it goes..

Called my brother in law and asked him if he wanted to fish the pond across from their house. So I cut a trail over there and we headed down to the pond.
    It started out bad for me.. I hadn't caught a single thing on my jigs (same color I caught 3 on the other day) and he was already on his 4th or 5th bream. I had reeled in close to the bank and nestled up near a brush pile when I asked him if he had some spare bobbers since the only thing I had was a slip and it wansn't doing so hot. Well before I could even get my line out of the water my rod doubled over and went ZzzzZzzzz. I knew I had somethin wild..

Man what a rush!! It darted I pulled It weaved I tugged.. finally he was mine!

I got a picture as best I could with 1 hand, but I'm too lazy to go get my camera out of my tackle box and post it right now. :D

Anyway, after that I switched to bloodworms since nothing else was hitting my jigs and my partner was doin pretty good with em. All in all we caught about 25 total.. 1 bass, 3 crappie, and the rest were bluegills and silver bream..

I brought the big boy home (Forgot to weigh him in the excitement) and filleted him. Also brought home 2 nice pan sized crappie (which I forgot to photo before the slaughter ^_^)

I had a blast.. I won't forget this day EVER!!

Especially since I found out that crappie can spit hooks and bobbers 50 feet in the air!!
    haha

I was bringin in my 2nd and I got snagged with him in some marsh grass lookin stuff.. I was leanin out to grab the line and get him out when POWIE!!! my bobber and hook goes straight up in the air.. Mr. Crappie did a graceful backflip into the water and was gone..
    Good times man.. Good Times.

my back hurts, my feet hurt, my neck is sunburnt to a crisp..
    The funny thing about that is, I didn't realize any of this until we were walking back to the house as it was getting dusk.

I'm hooked..
    Best darn drug I've ever seen..
    I couldn't think of anything witty to put here....
    Click my Homepage to help me in Gladiatus :D

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good day. :D

Congrats on your capture.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Believe me that rush never goes away......every fish is a memory maker.....

That's why fishin is so addicting!!!!
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, you're hooked now, fer sur. You go get 'em, son...and record your trips on paper and with the ole' camera. My "Brag Book" begins way back in 1970. I enjoy looking back at all those good times to this day. The photos have a short story of each trip so the details don't get too fuzzy over time.

Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm with us.

aj

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Arkie is right on make pics. and write it down and before your next trip read what you wrote about the same date the year before and you will know what worked and what didn't.
    Allatoona Bandit

Post Thanks / Like

Man sounds like a great day!!!!! Congrats

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on a fun trip!! Doesnt matter what fish is on the other end it is a rush! Looking forward to the pics!
    Was that a bite? Forgot what they feel like!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys here's the pic of the bass I caught..
    Next time I'm gonna do something different to take pics..

I couldn't think of anything witty to put here....
    Click my Homepage to help me in Gladiatus :D

Post Thanks / Like

Nice day ... sounds like you had a blast... its funny when you are catching fish u dont realize how bad u hurt or or getting burnt lol
    Last edited by skeeter; 05-04-2009 at 04:43 PM.
    For the love of Kids and FISHING!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you got into the fish.Days like that make it all worth while. Just keep fishing all you can and it can only get better. I took a friend fishing Friday and he wanted to bass fish. After about four hours without any bass we changed to crappie. He only caught two crappie but he caught the biggest he ever caught. My scales showed it at exactly two pounds. That one fish made the whole day worth while for him.
    To make life enjoyable, you must have crappie days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast