Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dang this Okie board is quiet

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dang this Okie board is quiet

Welp, finally started catching fish again a couple of weeks ago. I have now located 5 spots that are pretty consistent. One, is just hot 24/7. I have not sat over it without catching at least 25 fish.
    I found a hump off Talala Creek on the main lake that has 31' depth on one side, goes toward the bank up to 17', with a brushpile sitting on top of it climbing up to around 7' from the surface. Other side of the brush is another 5' drop to 22' only about 20' off the bank(Steep bank right next door). I jigged this spot for about 45 minutes this afternoon and caught 2 over 10' and about 5 under 10". I am going to try to nightstalk the place tommorrow night. Maybe, I can attract some nice fish being right off the main lake and a 31' channel.

Think perhaps some of the people reading could make a post? I bet most of the readers of the Okie board are from other states. By the looks of the past month, Big George and I might as well be the only okies that know of the board.

Visitors, Please check in and give us your state.
    Reaper
    *sigh*
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

i have posted before about the fishing in central oklahoma but as i seem to be the only one in this area there is never any responce. So why post when no one will respond.

Dirk

Post Thanks / Like

true

Post Thanks / Like

its tough being on a board that dont get much activity. my advice is to not get discouraged and keep posting, wether you get any replies or not. keep an open mind and ask plenty of questions, that may get folks to replying. if its one thing ive found it is that crappie fishermen love to answer questions. once you get a few to participating, they will start tellilng their friends and before you know it, you will have an active board with plenty of participation and no matter how tempted you are to be negative toward someones post, dont do it. keep an open mind and dont get upset. good luck with it. its tough but you can get it started if you work at it.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

I have replied to some posts here and also posted a couple on my newly found favorite fishing hole, Lake Thunderbird. Having just moved back to OKC last Nov. from the Lake Eufaula area, I was hoping to get some good info on places to go closer to home rather than making the drive to Eufaula each time. It seems from extensive reading on here, that its kind of hard to break thru with the regulars. For those of us that are fairly new to Crappie fishing and may not be sure of our limited talents and experience, I know I have been reluctant to reply to some posts due to this. I read the Main Thread and The Oklahoma Thread atleast every other day unless for some reason I am not around a computer. Since I have found 2 spots on Thunderbird that I have yet to go to not caught considerable numbers of fish, thats the only place I have fished this summer other than 2 trips back to Eufaula. I will continue to read here and I tell all my friends and fishing buddies (M & F) about the info I find on the sight hoping that THEY tell someone who may have an interest and start checking it out. This is alot more than I am used to typing!! so I will stop for a bit except for a quick question for Jigsbydirk. You responded to one of my first posts on Thunderbird and suggested I try the roadbed. You didnt respond to my response asking where that is. WELL, I have asked 3 guys, in boats, on Thunderbird, and received 3 different answers!! with none of them being in the same area of the lake!!!! HELP PLEASE...
    Everyone has a secret talent they didn't know about until tequila.

Post Thanks / Like

Boat, I don't think I responded to your earlier post about thunderbird as I am totally unfamilliar with it. But, I found a link about Thunderbird that you can read and perhaps give you a start. It is an article from a professional Crappie Guide that mainly fishes Eufaula.
    http://www.toddhuckabee.com/press.html
    With what he describes in the article, perhaps you could ask the bait shop owner what bridge Todd is talking about.
    I wish you luck!
    Reaper

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning CR. Thanks for the link, I actually just finished reading it before I came back here!! I know from reading your post you are around the NE part of the state? If you are ever around OKC and want to fish, let me know. Having spent most of the summer on Thunderbird, I can't complain!! I know of 2 spots for sure that I go to and catch alot of fish. 3 times, a friend and I have caught over 100, fishing from 4-6 hours. We went last Sat. and only got to fish for an hour before the storms moved in, and caught over 30. The response I was looking for was from Jigsbydirk on where the road bed is.
    Thanks for the info
    boat49
    Everyone has a secret talent they didn't know about until tequila.

Post Thanks / Like

hey boat sorry i haven't replied, i have never fished the road bed nor even been on the lake so this is second or third hand info. Supposidly around the Little Axe side of the lake there is a road bed that is submerged sorry i don't know any more than that. I thought some of the people fishing down there might have known.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just Got Here

I stumbled on this forum.

I live near Oologah and Skiatook.

Am not an avid fisherman but just bought a 18 foot pontoon and want to do a little cruising for fun and some not too serious fishing. I thought some crappie fishing and would like to try a little bit of trolling for whatever one catches when trolling.

My only worthy tow vehicle is a small 23' motorhome. Its a gas guzzler so intend to stay close to home.

I'd like to meet a few locals to converse with and get to learn a little more about fishing and boat handling and maybe sometime meet up spend some time fishing together. I've got a couple grandkids I'd like to take out fishing when they visit but I need to learn how to catch some first.

Wife and I are empty nesters. Don't really need to stuff the freezer with fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board jrfwmf! A 23' tow vehicle, wow, gas guzzler I guess. And I have been whineing about my 5.7 liter in my pick up. I live on the south end of the town of Oologah and stay as close as possible. I still have 6 kids under the roof, all in school except the 3 year old. The Trolling we are discussing is for Crappie using an electric trolling motor. However, I have caught a few using the big motor on it's lowest speed. Trolling for Crappie like that is kind of fast though. The are other fish that can be caught trolling with the big motor. White Bass (sand bass), Hybrids, Walleye, and others. You are more than welcome to guzzle this way when you can.
    Drifting in a Pontoon is also fun, one can catch some huge fish that way.
    I would like to own a Pontoon someday and rig it for winter Crappie fishing. If I were a single man, I would probably live on the thing.
    As for boat handleing, it's very simple, just a few tricks in loading and unloading. I would also recomend some sort of fish finder/graph for navigational purposes. They come in real handy letting you know when you are in shallow water, thus avoiding possible damage to your boat. If you are interested in learning more about Crappie fishing, click on the "Crappie fishing Crappie.com)" at the top of this thread and then click "Main". You can learn alot just by reading up on the other posts that catch your interest. You get your grandchildren catching Crappie, they could be hooked on it for years to come, not to mention, give them something to do other than video games, drugs, and run with bad people as they grow.
    Good luck!
    Reaper

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast