Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Harris 5/2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Harris 5/2

Fished from about 8am to 1pm. From 9am to noon caught as many fish as we could handle. Had SEVERAL nice keepers. Biggest just over 16". All caught on jigs anchored off the bank throwing to submerged brush piles in 10-15' of water. Kept most all fish that we could tell had already spawned out. Did not get a final total, fishing buddy took fish home to clean but had around 65 keeps over 11" and a couple dinks that we kept due to swallowing the hook. We were throwing 2" chartreuse grubs (triple ripple) on orange 1/16 oz jigs. Had to use grubs because I dropped 10dz. minnows over the side of the boat in my trusty metal pal and it is now at the bottom of the lake! Crappie Happens! Fishengineer

Post Thanks / Like

Reading your report, it sounds like dropping those minners over the side was the best thing that could have happened.

Good work.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hate reading you lost your minnow bucket and minnows but sounds like you didnt need them anyway. Congrats on a fine catch.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to hear about the minnows and the bucket, but hey you had a great day with the jigs and the fish. Nice job.

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

fishengineer....great job and thanks for the report