Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roadrunners For Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Roadrunners For Crappie

How is everyone doing with the roadrunners catching crappie? I have just found some that have the curly tails and I can't wait until the crappie in my area really start going for the Jigs.

Post Thanks / Like

If using original Road Runners clean the paint off the swivel that will make them work better, I make my own {work better than Road Runners}. Do like Blakemore says, fish 'em slow and if that do'nt work slow down some more! Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie-Bandit View Post
    How is everyone doing with the roadrunners catching crappie? I have just found some that have the curly tails and I can't wait until the crappie in my area really start going for the Jigs.
    Better hurry up brutha... if you wait any longer you're gonna miss them.
    Fishin' fills the time until College football season

Post Thanks / Like

I fish them fast and have won quite alot of money using them. Tip them with a minnow. I am also on their pro-staff.

Post Thanks / Like

Tell me how you catch them on crankbaits.

Post Thanks / Like

I've just started using RR's, without a bobber. I have done well below a bobber and tipped with a minnow. Just started using them this past week without a float with a thunder tube filled with nibbles. The one day they outfished my minnies. But the next day we had a cold night, low in the lower 40's and couldn't buy one with a RR.

So my question is what is a good temp to use RR's without a bobber. The day I caught them the water temp. was about 62. The next morining the water temp was 57 after the cold night.

It sure is fun to feel that bump or tap. One thing I learned was when I get it near the boat slow way down. Caught a few right at the boat by doing this.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with slip!!!!!! No matter if you make them yourself and paint them or buy them get that paint of the top part of the swivel, they'll spin so much better.

You get used to fishing them slow, and there's no mistaking that tap as they take it most of the time.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Last month on April 2nd I caught my biggest crappie ever (2lbs 9oz, 16.25") long lining a 1/16oz chartreuse road runner head, bronze willow blade, with a cajun cricket Bobby Garland Baby Shad jig tipped with a minnow.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

That is a goodun! Bet you try that spot again Quick!
    "Never Fry Bacon Naked"

Post Thanks / Like

That's a nice crappie, TapOut, I caught one almost identical size about a month ago. Got it on a Roadrunner, also, can't remember if it was a white head or a chartreuse head, but I had a Kalin's 2" John Deere twister tail on the hook. That's a great combo in my neck of the woods. I have caught sauger, largemouth, smallmouth, crappie, bream, white bass, yellow bass, hybrid-well, even carp, catfish, drum, and buffalo on this bait.

One day I was fishing below a dam and found several assorted 2" twisters on a rock, I saved them all, and hooked up with an 18 1/2" - 2 lb. 7 oz. sauger on the second cast. Happened to find that John Deere color at a bait shop. I'm hooked on it, though several folks don't know about it yet. Here's their link: - UNCLE JOSH Bait Company, home of the world’s most popular pork rind fishing baits. They seem to work well in ponds, rivers, or lakes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast