Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Last chance at the LOZ

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Last chance at the LOZ

This will be the last chance at the LOZ for me for a few weeks, so any info I can get would be wonderful. Will be fishing on the Niangua arm, between the 1 and 7 mile marker. Be in the boat this week, and will be down for a few days during the week. Now I know that no one likes to give up there beds, but this is the last time I will be able to get down during the spring season, so if anyone has any idea where they are at, what they are hitting on, {color/depth/live bait or not} I would love to hear from you.Should I troll? Shallow calm coves? Hit the MCD crappie beds up in the Windemere cove? Please help make my last spring trip a good one. Even if the rain falls, I will be out sunday through Thursday, trying to get them, so please, help a brother out. I appreciate any help you guys give, and value all your efforts to put on this site, the tactics that you use to help out the reat of us spot side killers. Hope your freezers are full, and you familes are tireed of heating up the oil for you. That means a good season. God bless, and thanks for all the welcomes, and info....................."If I don't catch fish, at least I'm out, and bound to cath a buzz"..................
    Hook em up, then cook them up! Thats how we like it!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hook,line,anddrinker View Post
    This will be the last chance at the LOZ for me for a few weeks, so any info I can get would be wonderful. Will be fishing on the Niangua arm, between the 1 and 7 mile marker. Be in the boat this week, and will be down for a few days during the week. Now I know that no one likes to give up there beds, but this is the last time I will be able to get down during the spring season, so if anyone has any idea where they are at, what they are hitting on, {color/depth/live bait or not} I would love to hear from you.Should I troll? Shallow calm coves? Hit the MCD crappie beds up in the Windemere cove? Please help make my last spring trip a good one. Even if the rain falls, I will be out sunday through Thursday, trying to get them, so please, help a brother out. I appreciate any help you guys give, and value all your efforts to put on this site, the tactics that you use to help out the reat of us spot side killers. Hope your freezers are full, and you familes are tireed of heating up the oil for you. That means a good season. God bless, and thanks for all the welcomes, and info....................."If I don't catch fish, at least I'm out, and bound to cath a buzz"..................
    can not help in that part of lake Around the dam to 7mm its been hard for me the last few days to find fish one here one there What i do find are in about 4 to five ft of water around cover Its been hard after all the rain and cold for me hope others are having better luck

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Hook,

Haven't been that far down, but here is what I have found on the upper Niangua this week. We have caught fish from 3' to 15' of water. Been using black/green/chart, tri-colored grubs. A lot of bites have been - just heavy line, no thump. Very seldom have found more than 2-3 keepers in one spot - have had to keep moving. Find another spot the same and there might or might not be some there??? The one common thing this week (for me anyway) is wood. Doesn't have to me much, but every one I caught this week was in or close to wood. I know this isn't really a pattern that I just described, but it was what I experienced.
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good