Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Porcupine Fish Attractors

Post Thanks / Like

Default Porcupine Fish Attractors

I think I am going to buy and put out some of the Porcupine fish attractors on my favorite lake.:D Im just betting somebody has some experience with those and may want to talk about it or share it or just go in with me on the expense of them for placement details. I look forward to reading your post.They cost about 50 bux for 3 but you have to use your own pvc which is not a problem. We can buy those pretty reasonable at work.

Post Thanks / Like

bass pro had those three for 29.99 at one time.A bucket of concrete with pvc works pretty well.
    living life to its fullest, This is not a dressed rehearsal.

Post Thanks / Like

Let me know gcf and I may go in with you. I was hoping the club would get together at some point and put out some bamboo condos.
    You will become like those with which you associate.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Mixed reaction to them ....

... and to their cost vs success rate.

You might want to read thru these posts, concerning these attractors :

Crappie.com - Search Results

There are other things that can be used for the "sphere", that are just as effective and much cheaper. Check out the "Crappie Structure" forum, for relative info. I've seen where some have used old bowling balls, milk crates, and even old basketballs for the center sphere.

PVC can be obtained free, if you have the time to go dumpster diving :p (behind stores that carry it, or in the trash bins around new houses being built)

... cp

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets don't forget the new thing Jimmy Houston is putting his name on. Looks like a 5' tall cone with lots of 1" holes in it. Then you cut a length of 1' black plastic irrigation tubing to go thru these holes. Now this tubing has a curl to it, and that faces upward. the thing looks like a snagproof stump and can be copied in many different. That tubing has to be cheaper than pvc and easier to work with. I have to make a phone call, I may have access to some. let me know how things progress.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the responses and information on other types of structure everyone. I dont mind or care what we use really. The porcupines was a thought for the quick n easy convienence. I dont mind savin some bucks either though and using something else.I just know I have a better chance to catch fish when I find structure thats in the depth the fish want to be in and nobody has hammered it before I got to it.Personally I like the bamboo idea. I have already obtained access to all the bamboo i could possibly ever need. Just need buckets and quick crete and take the time to sink it.Wish I had a better boat for delivery to location but mine will do it.I do want to be able to gps it for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

I can supply you with plenty of 5 gallon buckets...we go through a bunch of them at work - let me know how many you'll need.
    I don't go Fishing...I go CATCHING!

http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w36/Badi2de/

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Meant to add last nite that the boo isn't permanent, talk to fatboy of his large undertaking sinking boo last year. The plastic has it's drawbacks but it's there til someone drags a chain over it.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Hey gcf I'm in if you want do the boo. I'll help with the concrete and it looks like baditude can get some buckets. I have a small trailer that we could haul a few to the lake with. What lake are you thinking?
    You will become like those with which you associate.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Randy call me. 433 3544

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast