Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville report?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville report?

Anyone been out in the last day or two? Any cause for optimism? Trying to decide whether to chase the fish or the turkeys tomorrow. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville Slow

I was up around the north end on Tues and Thur night without much success, but that does not mean much. There was another guy there both nights who left with 6-8 pretty decent crappie each night. From talking to him he gets there about 1600 and I figure he stays for about 3+ hours. He is running a minnow under a bobber pretty closet to the bank and doing ok.

I have been trying my luck with all the jig colors that 'should' work and finding 1-2 a night in my 2 hours on the lake. Both nights it did seem the wind was picking up causing the weather and the fish to cool off just after I got a line wet. Its really muddy up in the cove I go to.

They gotta start sometime but I dont figure this will be the weekend. But then I have been wrong before and still wear the ring to prove it!

GM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by InTheHills View Post
    But then I have been wrong before and still wear the ring to prove it!

GM
    DOOOOOHHHHHH!
    Progressive Marine Insurance SUCKS!. If you hit a submerged object they will try to prove manufacturers defect....stay away from them.