PDA

View Full Version : Had no idea What I was Missing

radtexan
05-01-2009, 08:27 AM
Got my first Grizzly catalog in the mail yesterday...

It has to be the most extensive collection of crappie wares Ive ever seen,and looks to be very well priced :)

Started working on my order this morning !!

704gary
05-01-2009, 08:50 AM
Got mine yesterday, it was worth the wait.
Gary

jroz
05-01-2009, 09:28 AM
Also got mine yesterday. Lots of stuff and good prices

INGrandad
05-01-2009, 09:30 AM
Wow, glad you posted, I went to their website, what a mess-o-tackle.

wasabi
05-01-2009, 11:00 AM
I was impressed with their catalog but not at all impressed with how my order was processed and received.

somozajc
05-01-2009, 12:35 PM
What is the website name?

Cracker68
05-01-2009, 12:41 PM
I was impressed with their catalog but not at all impressed with how my order was processed and received.

Need to explain.

I have never had a problem with them. They treat you right.

bassturd
05-01-2009, 12:43 PM
I think this is the Grizzly they are talkin bout. HOME (http://www.grizzlyjig.com/)

Thier shipping seems kind of high. Was looking at a pack of slab buster jigs for $2.49 and the shipping was $8.50. Is there a different or cheaper shipping option that I am not seeing?

Mrs. Crappie Stalker
05-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Wasabi, did you talk to them about your order? We've done business with them for a number of years and they always treat us right and ask for feedback. I'd rather spend my hard earned money with Louie, Wade and Lance than any of the big chain stores. These folks are crappie fishermen who cater to crappie fishermen, you just can't beat that! :)

crappie12
05-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Got mine yesterday too and was could not believe how much they have to offer. Will definitely be placing an order.:)

InTheHills
05-01-2009, 04:28 PM
I think this is the Grizzly they are talkin bout. HOME (http://www.grizzlyjig.com/)

Thier shipping seems kind of high. Was looking at a pack of slab buster jigs for $2.49 and the shipping was $8.50. Is there a different or cheaper shipping option that I am not seeing?

It looks like they have a flat rate for shipping. If you add a couple rods and reels to that order the shipping stays $8.50. I guess you jsut need to figure out everything you think you need for a season and but it all at once to justify the shipping costs.

GM

Doc Crappie
05-01-2009, 04:42 PM
now my question is does he have all these items on hand or is he a drop shipper by means of catalog, not busting on him or anything but would like to know how much is dropped shipped for some prices are high compared to other places

kycreek
05-01-2009, 05:44 PM
I've had good luck with them.

Darryl Morris
05-01-2009, 08:16 PM
Got my first Grizzly catalog in the mail yesterday...

It has to be the most extensive collection of crappie wares Ive ever seen,and looks to be very well priced :)

Started working on my order this morning !!

See what happens when you get away from West Texas, LOL, LOL. Great place and great folks at Grizzly. If they don't have what you're looking for just give them a call and they'll take care of you.

jaxsprat
05-01-2009, 08:22 PM
Grizzly jig is to us crappie fisherman as Bass pro is to a bass fisherman....;)

Crappie Xtreme
05-01-2009, 09:02 PM
You think the catalog is something, you should visit their store. I could spend all day in there. Better take some money cause I guarantee you will buy something. The people are awsome and the store is something else. Not as big as you would think but jam packed with fishin stuff.
If they don't have what your lookin for then I would think it is not made anymore.

CX.

radtexan
05-01-2009, 09:06 PM
See what happens when you get away from West Texas, LOL,

You know word travel's slow out her in the sticks ;)

Ferdi
05-01-2009, 10:12 PM
radtexan has said he wants to be in Texas when the world comes to an end because they are always 20 years behind everyone else. hehehe Ferdi aka Fred

Ken Jones
05-01-2009, 10:58 PM
I bought a 11ft. vertical jigging pole threw them and they treated me good. The butt end of pole got busted some how and Grizzley shipped me a new butt end very quickly. I will do business with them again in the future. No, I haven't got a catalog yet, because I haven't ask for one yet.

joewildlife
05-01-2009, 11:28 PM
Their store is awesome! I can't go there and not spend at least $50. Their selection of long rods is unmatched anywhere. And Grizzly Jigs are awesome for brim fishing at Reelfoot.

My church is hosting a kid's fishing clinic in a couple weeks, and I went around asking various tackle places for donations. I got one flat out NO, WalMart handed me a form, Bucheit handed me a form, Louie gave me about $50 in tackle to give to the kids!

I spent about $50 of my own money that day, and will again, and again.

And Louie is single handedly responsible for teaching me how to catch them brim at Reelfoot too. he will always get my business.

Darryl Morris
05-02-2009, 12:22 AM
You know word travel's slow out her in the sticks ;)

I thought that "word travelling slow" meant the way they talk in West Texas, lol. I wouldn't know. :rolleyes:

JimmyCricket
05-02-2009, 06:48 AM
I think it's important we support our independant tackle dealers. I was looking a certain kind of rod and after checking all the big chains (shame on me) and having no luck...my local dealer picked up the phone and special ordered me one in just a few days. I am sure Grizzley would be just as helpful. All the big chains have almost run all the independants out of business, and in the long run the fishermen will be the real losers.