Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Logan at night 4-26-09 and 4-28-09.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Logan at night 4-26-09 and 4-28-09.

I haven't posted for some time but I had a couple of great nights this week and wanted to share with you all. Sunday night was calm, clear and warm enough for short sleeves. George and I hit an old road bed up in Cropwell Creek and had a great night. We probably caught 80. Seems like they were pulling water most of the night, which I'm sure helped. No monsters but a lot of good size fish, .75 to 1.25 lbs. Largest was 1.75 lbs. Most were caught at about 18' with a 20' bottom. See our ice chest. We couldn't even close the lid.

I went out again by myself Tuesday night to the same spot. They weren't pulling water and the bite was much slower. So I started moving around the area and the fish started biting. I had my limit within an hour and a half. More fun. Planning to go again Friday night. See you there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men...Matt 4:19

Post Thanks / Like

very nice mess of crappie, congrats!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a great meal!

Post Thanks / Like

looks like a good day.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the catch! That is a great lookin' mess of slabs!!!
    Blake

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful...please teach me to do this!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Night fishing

Nice catch, reminds me of night fishing 50 years ago on Watts Bar Lake at Lackey's Piney Point Resort, near Spring City, Tennessee.

My Grandpaw, Dad, Uncles, and several of us young kids night fished a lot. We would tie several boats together and sit in one spot from sunset to sunrise; telling stories, solving problems of the world, and swating bugs drawn to the coleman lanterns. Someone would bring an old coleman stove and make coffee and cook breakfast at daylight; before heading to the dock. I can still smell the bacon cooking when I close my eyes and remember those times.

We caught all types of fish, mostly crappie and white bass. There would usually be 6 or 7 kids along and we had some great times and catching fish was just iceing on the cake. Great Memories !!!

Hearing about someone having a good time night fishing makes me want to roll the clock back, re-organize the boat, go night fishing again.
    Last edited by Pop Rivers; 05-31-2009 at 12:11 PM. Reason: spelling
    Take a Kid fishing, keep only enough to eat, and release the rest to spawn again. Pop

Post Thanks / Like

That's a great story pop
    Hope to continue to make those memories for many more years.
    Thanks for sharing with us