Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappie Nibles

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Nibles

I hope this is not a repeat post. I was wondering do crappie nibles really work. I have been trying to use them but never had any luck. I have used the Chartroose color on jigs and just by themselves on a 10# hook. Please tell me what I am doing wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

I use them on a jig and on a minnow. Ive used them on their own before but it didnt work. Actually it would get pulled off but no good hookups on them on their own.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PumbaBass View Post
    I use them on a jig and on a minnow. Ive used them on their own before but it didnt work. Actually it would get pulled off but no good hookups on them on their own.
    thanks for the info. Do you use any special crappie sents?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think their intended purpose is to be used as a bait, but I do know they work well for brim. I use them mainly in tube jigs and do very well with them, but I have used them on jig hooks but mainly just for a scent attractant, mainly just jigging the jig itself verticle and again I have done very well. But catfish seem to really like them too so keep that in mind.
    Fishin' fills the time until College football season

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie-Bandit View Post
    thanks for the info. Do you use any special crappie sents?
    I've found that diffrent colors work on diffrent lakes, so you may want to try a couple other colors before you give up on them. At least one of them will work. I've got about 7 diffrent colors in my boat. :D

Post Thanks / Like

I swear by the Chart Sparkle Crappie Nibbles. I always use them on tube jigs and marabou jigs. Crappie and gills love them in my parts of eastern Kansas. I mainly fish via float fishing (bobber and jig setup). Not sure if this will help, but I started out in a small 5 acre pond catching tons gills and LMB with the nibbles on marabou jigs and then finally moved to big reserviors with good success. Keep consistently using them and you'll know the advantage.

Post Thanks / Like

I find they help increase my creel. The way I fish crappie is to use 2 rods (all that 1 angler is allowed in NY). Rod number 1 is for casting jigs - no nibbles needed or used. Rod number 2 is what I call a "drag rod". This is a long rod that sits in a rod holder with a tube set to the depth that I'm getting hits at. I tip that jig with a nibble and it seems to help with scent & flavor to bring the fish in to bite. Since the only action imparted to the jig onthe drag rod is boat motion, the nibbles seem to help compensate for the lack of action.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it depends alot on the type of fishing you do or how you fish. I mainly cast jigs and have found that the nibbles actually decrease my catch. There have been times when i was catching fish and thought if i try a nibble that i will catch more, but in actuality they would not bite with the nibble on, when i took it off i started catching fish again. Had this happen several times, so I know it was not a one time fluke.

Post Thanks / Like

i have the pink...after just a few days it melted into a single glob...i guess it helps, but nothing definite, it doesnt stay on a hook very well either

Post Thanks / Like

I use the yellow nibbles and when I fish with a tube suspended under a bobber, I just kinda smash it with my fingers and stuff it inside of the tube rather than putting it on my hook. Seems to make it last longer and has worked good for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast