Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: any overhead door service techs?

Post Thanks / Like

Default any overhead door service techs?

just thought i'd try the board for someone fair. i live in overland park and got an old doorman lift. looks like the pulley where the chain goes around at the opener is getting chewed and i noticed some movement on the shaft. you can pm me. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

If you are able to fix the operator, you should also either replace your springs, or adjust them. When parts start going out of your operator, typically it means that your springs aren't doing the work that they should. In other words the operator just replaces your arm for opening the door. Call the overhead door of KC store in KS. I think Frank still works there and if they have the part, he'll be able to hook you up.

I used to be a salesman for OHD for 5 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Call this fella that has an add on Craigslist. I don't know anything about him but from the number of adds he has posted he must be hawngry.

Garage Door Openers- Repair or Installed
    Progressive Marine Insurance SUCKS!. If you hit a submerged object they will try to prove manufacturers defect....stay away from them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mduncan62 View Post
    If you are able to fix the operator, you should also either replace your springs, or adjust them. When parts start going out of your operator, typically it means that your springs aren't doing the work that they should. In other words the operator just replaces your arm for opening the door. Call the overhead door of KC store in KS. I think Frank still works there and if they have the part, he'll be able to hook you up.

I used to be a salesman for OHD for 5 years.
    im no stranger to OHD and thats why i placed that post. they never have my part with em so i get temporaried pay a deposit and have to schedual again. interesting...... OHD put new springs on about 2 months ago, so were they not adjusted right and thats why my pulley's getting chewed???

Post Thanks / Like

Trouble here too... OHD with a busted nylon tab that connects the door to the chain. Part no longer made I'm told. Double doors work together (rather, don't work) and they are HEAVY. Jury rigged some "S" hooks but it's a dangerous fix. Any ideas on where to get old parts would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you fellas need a friend that can make stuff out of steel!

I bet OSS could fix you up too....but his fabrications would be more purdy than what I would make.
    Progressive Marine Insurance SUCKS!. If you hit a submerged object they will try to prove manufacturers defect....stay away from them.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks For The Plug Krazy

But I Am About Out Of Diamond Plate........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Default If yer about out of diamond plate

Maybe you could burnish some stainless....thats some purdy stuff as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Sounds like you fellas need a friend that can make stuff out of steel!

I bet OSS could fix you up too....but his fabrications would be more purdy than what I would make.
    That would be a very bad idea. If you start replacing the plastic parts with steel you'll start burning motors up. The plastic part is the "give" part so that you don't tear up the expensive stuff.

As far as 2 door working off of one motor, I'd save yourself the headaches and buy new openers, 1 for each door. While they used to do this, usually for low headroom (clearance) garages, it's a an accident waiting to happen.

while it's grandfathered in for now, sort of, You couldn't sell the house this way, and I'm assuming that you don't have young kids, because this setup puts them and you at risk to get hurt.

Go Dart, the gear was probably getting ready to go anyway and wasn't inspected by the tech. If you think you can do the replacement of the part yourself, then just call the showroom and order it. Good way to save money on the service call.