Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Buckeye

Post Thanks / Like

Default Buckeye

Good luck to everyone fishing Buckeye this weekend..Be careful with that low water and be safe.It sucks to have to work knowing you guys will be out there rippin lips!!!

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like the rainsuit is gonna get a work out the next 2 days. Winds blowing sustained about 35mph here in hoosierville, now that crap can stop any time. Dont mind fishin in the rain, but i cant handle another boating "off-road style" session on the water, where ya just bounce from one wave to the next, there may be a time in my life i would like to have children, would like to keep that option open:rolleyes:...

Is the north east end of the lake whats low water right now?

HB

Post Thanks / Like

Buckeye is 10 times the fishing lake St.Mary's is but when the water is down it can be tough..Not a deep lake but not as bad as St. Mary's.Done well in Clous and out on the main lake in front of Papa Booyees.There is some new channels that are deeper and could be good.Don't know if the water is high enough for cranberry marsh but that can be good also..

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget about the goldmine.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't fish them but I know some people that do and I hear they busted some pigs yesterday. I hope the rain doesn't hurt that bite. Might see some big weights if they catch them like yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like

Goldmine:D
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Buckeye Lake... is puddle fishing! Then to, so is St.Mary's & Indian
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

They hit again today, Big weights. 8.42 I believe to win and many more in the 7-8 + lb range for 8 fish.

Post Thanks / Like

T-bone, thanks again for for the pointers. However, i dont think we found half the places you mentioned, and the few we did, we didnt catch a fish at. Then again, these lakes with 2-4 deep water we are very new at, so no suprise there. We fished our guts out friday, from 7am till 3pm, and hadnt caught a crappie(but Lord almighty we caught every thing else!). Somehow, by blind luck, we stumbled onto a spot back in maple bay(thanks to the guy in the bass tourny on saturday for telling us the name of the place we were fishing), with a pea gravel bank where the big black roosters were nesting on friday about 3:30pm. We pulled about 10 big males off that bank, only culled 2 fish the whole day saturday. Tried several different rock banks, but only caught fish at the one. These shallow lakes are so different from the lakes we are use to, its scary. We wound up catching our fish, exactly 4 inches from the bank, and 4-6 inches deep on a bobber with a tube jig. Evidently, the males were just starting to make nest there, we saw alot of boils right at the bank, while they were fanning out the nests.
    We fished the brush to death both friday and saturday, and never caught a fish. Man these mud puddle lakes are different.

Anyhow, we had alot of fun(after 3pm on friday!!!), great group of guys fishing the BCC. Next time, we wont weigh in so early, im sure i took 10 years off my partners life watching everybody else weigh in, thought for sure he was gonna stroke out on me! Nothing worse than being in the lead early, with 15 teams yet to weigh in. Our 4th place finish felt as good as a win, coming off of St. Marys lake of doom...LOL

For all the folks we met on the water and at the weigh in, we are both horrible with names, but good with faces, just give us a reminder of who you are, and we wont forget for the next time.

Post Thanks / Like

Hillbilly...We were the white ProCraft that came in about mid-day. We found those same fish Friday afternoon, but left em alone Saturday morning thinking the afternoon would be a better bite there. Anyways, we saw you were fishing the area so we moved on. Glad to hear you did well. We had pretty nice fish 7.4 lbs but so did most everyone else. We just never got that kicker fish. We are about like you guys...we prefer a little deeper fishing, but we've learned that early on it's the shallow bite that does well.

We'll be seeing you around at the BCC tourneys. White & Bruner.