Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Girls like fishin' too

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Girls like fishin' too

Most of the folks on here have fond memories of fishing with Grandpa or Dad or some other person that took them and showed them the ropes, so to speak.
    I have that memory too. Only thing is once a cute little girl catches a fish, most Daddys and Grandpas think that is it. And, I guess, sometimes it is. Little girls play dolls and stuff.
    Well, this little girl played dolls and stuff too. But She LOVED fishin!

Skip to young woman wanting to learn.

My father had a little jon boat with a 9.9 Mercury outboard. It was the perfect little fishin boat (In my mind). It sat out beside the house, covered up for years. I asked Dad to take me fishin'. He said sure honey, we'll go sometime. I kept buggin' him until his truck was stolen. Then he says, Well, I don't have a way to pull a boat now. I had a little cheap Hundai (remember them?) I asked Dad. Well Dad If I get a hitch put on my car will you take me fishin'? He laughs and says Sure.. you go right ahead.
    Now I know he was thinking "There's no way anyone will put a hitch on that rubberband buggie"
    He was wrong.
    and I kept buggin him... so he says Well, I don't have a fishing license. So I say, Well, if I get you a fishing license, will you take me fishin'? He says Sure honey. You go get me a fishing license. Now, he knows something I don't about that.... you gotta go in person and present your ID to get one, right?
    wrong.. I knew the little ole man at the bait shop and got my Dad a fishin' license...and tackle....and worms...and anything else I could think of we might need.
    I kept working on him until he finally says "Look, I don't WANT to go fishing. You can take that boat and fish all you want to" He proceeds to tell me that it is a tilt trailer and I can put it in almost anywhere.
    Well, I hooked that boat up and dusted it off. I called the marine shop and asked how to mix the gas and oil and what oil to buy etc. I took that boat to what I thought was a boat ramp. It was actually a place where people bank fished. I backed the boat up to the bank, got out and pulled the pin on that "tilt trailer" and DUMPED the boat into the lake. Getting the boat into the lake wasn't so hard. After paddling the boat back to the bank from somewhere over the rainbow, ( the motor was gummed up or something and only ran enough to get me somewhere out on the lake and quit) fighting the wind to get the boat TO the trailer and using brute strength to force that boat onto the back of that trailer, and get it wenched up and FORCING the tilt to tilt back down.......You'd think I'd QUIT!

skip about 20 years forward and I STILL love to fish, I now have my own boat with a trailer that does NOT tilt. I have learned to do things that today I show my own son and daughter. And if either one of them wants to know more about fishing, I plan to show them what I can!
    Oh.. and Dad. He retired to the coast and sits there with a nice offshore fishing rig in his boathouse that has been out maybe 3 times in the last five years. I'd bug him about that one too, but I like to CRAPPIE fish.
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

I hope my girls still love to fish when they get older, if not, it sure ain't
    from my lack of trying! One of these days, I'm gonna get all my old pictures
    together and scan them. Got pictures of the girls with fish from diapers
    on up... They always loved to feel the fishes eyeballs, of all things Whatever makes 'em happy When we are
    cleaning fish, they will be covered in fish slime, think they'd get in the
    cooler and roll if I'd let 'em. Jeff
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm in love.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the same thing Crappie Reaper

Post Thanks / Like

Girls and fishin---check this out
    http://www.catfishgrabblers.com/

play the video clip...lol
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

ancorpuller, Great post!!I"ve got 3 daughters,3 sons and can honestly say I took them all!!My middle daughter was my regular fishing partner till I moved from ohio.All my children but 1 are grown now,but 2 of my daughters and my oldest son come to Tn. to fish with dad as often as they can!!And as for my middle daughter--now we"re takin her 2 year old daughter!!![my stepson is in the navy now-guess he really liked the water!!]
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kunes...

Do ya think any of those grabblin girls are single? Man, I want to trade up!
    Only thing though, they'd make fun of me, 'cause I ain't about to do that.
    If it won't bite a hook, I'm out...
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J White
    Do ya think any of those grabblin girls are single? Man, I want to trade up!
    Only thing though, they'd make fun of me, 'cause I ain't about to do that.
    If it won't bite a hook, I'm out...
    Wouldn't it be funny to meet one of those girls for the first time and have her invite you to go fishin? You'd think you had it made. You ask "From a boat or from the bank" she replies "Under the bank"
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up You and me both, sister

Dad got us started when we were small, too. I was his fishing buddy until I left home in '72. After that, it was hard to get him to go out on the lake. I remember my first combo spinning outfit and that he made me practice with in the driveway. I spent hours throwing that rubber plug. Before I came along, he was a fly fisherman, and my older sister was tying flys at the age of seven.

It took a while to get my husband hooked on it, but we get out just about every weekend. Most men snicker and assume he's putting up with me in the boat Guess again, fat boy. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

we started taking our girls with us not long after they started wearing diapers. they all grown and gone now, and they still like to go when they can. girls love to fish . what about your kids daddy, does he ever go with you?
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast