Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Shenango

repoleon Guest

Default Fishing Shenango

Ok, how do you guys catch these crappie in Shenango?? I've been reading this message board off and on for a couple years, fishing Shenango, and cannot catch more than a few crappie at a time.
    Used to live out near Philadelphia and we caught 50 or 60 crappie at a time when they were spawning every year... so I have caught crappies...
    I know no one wants to give up their best fishing spots and secrets, but if anyone is ever going fishing on the lake and would let me ride along and just give me some pointers about what the crappie do in Shenango, that would be great.
    I'm non-threatening -
    33 yr. old woman, but have fished my whole life - I"m from a big fishing family so I do sort of know what I'm doing!
    If that's a weird request, nevermind! But every year I think, maybe someday I"ll run into these people - Zeke or Chancy... and be able to ask them for some advice. May have seen you out there, just didn't know it.
    So if you guys would ever be willing to let me tag along and give me a few pointers - I'm up for a morning of fishing! Just email me. Thanks! Lori

Post Thanks / Like

Lori, glad you finally posted! We would be glad to help you . I guess was Voted to put on a Fish-together so on Sept. 10 We will host a get to gether at the Rec. Launch that day , So please come out and meet everyone and We will help you with the fishing problem. There will be a social after fishing, the KCA members invite everyone who loves to caught crappies to attend . Zimmy

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Fella's, sorry i didn't make the meeting. The tornado warning was a bit much for me. I'll check the minutes when they're posted. I have a family get-together on sept. 10, so i'll miss the fish-together but i hope you guys have as much fun as the last one. Lori, welcome to the board. I'm sure these guys will put you on fish and show you how to get em too. Smitty

S10CHEVY is online now Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome

Lori to the Pa message board. As Zimmy suggested, why not come join us at the KCA fish-together. It is lots of fun, even if like me you get skunked. It would be a chance to meet more people, who like you love to fish for crappie.
    Post often. Keith

S10CHEVY is online now Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Weather

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc
    Fella's, sorry i didn't make the meeting. The tornado warning was a bit much for me. I'll check the minutes when they're posted. I have a family get-together on sept. 10, so i'll miss the fish-together but i hope you guys have as much fun as the last one. Lori, welcome to the board. I'm sure these guys will put you on fish and show you how to get em too. Smitty
    When I left for the meeting, didn't know there was a tornado warning. Never heard a warning for it on the radio while traveling there either. We can't always make them all, so there will be more. Did you get a kicker motor yet? Keith

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone,
    Nice to see some new folks are finding their way to the message boards. The guys here have been doing a good job of sharing some good spots to fish. (Lori) If you show up at the fish-togethers I'm sure they will help you out. I will not be able to make the Sept. 10th one because my son is getting married that day. (Unless I can talk him out of it before then....and I've been trying!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S10CHEVY
    When I left for the meeting, didn't know there was a tornado warning. Never heard a warning for it on the radio while traveling there either. We can't always make them all, so there will be more. Did you get a kicker motor yet? Keith
    It was for Butler and Beaver county. They even postponed the steeler game for a while because of the weather. But like you said, there'll be more of them. Have you posted the minutes yet? When and where is the next meeting?

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site Lori. This is a great bunch, so don't be afraid to ask questions. I have run into Chaunc on the lake, and he has put me on fish. Come to the meeting if you get a chance.

barn door

repoleon Guest

The fish together sounds great. I'll definitely try to make it up for that. Will it be shore fishing? Thanks for all your friendly replies!
    Do you usually fish minnows or jigs or both/whatever they're hitting on?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by repoleon
    The fish together sounds great. I'll definitely try to make it up for that. Will it be shore fishing? Thanks for all your friendly replies!
    Do you usually fish minnows or jigs or both/whatever they're hitting on?
    Lori, you got mail. Hey john, good to see you back online. Did you get the by-laws to Bob yet? Once you do, we'll be able to vote officers in and we'll get this group into gear. Hey Jim, hang in there.... alright.
    Anybody fishing shenango this weekend?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast