Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman/Bucksaw

Dartgod Guest

Default Truman/Bucksaw

Where is a good place to fish near Bucksaw? Think of heading down this weekend (weather permitting) and I never have luck in that area. Thought maybe some of the more regular fisherman might have some ideas.

Thanks in advance...

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

First off welcome to the site from Truman lake. Not sure what the weather and rising water will do to the bite by them. We have been catching them on or near the banks for over a week know. Any cove or small cove in the creeks are holding fish.

Dartgod Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    First off welcome to the site from Truman lake. Not sure what the weather and rising water will do to the bite by them. We have been catching them on or near the banks for over a week know. Any cove or small cove in the creeks are holding fish.
    I know. I wanted to go so bad last weekend but was celebrating my parents 50th Anniversary. If they really loved me they would have let me go...lol.

I keep a pontoon stored near Bucksaw, but no trolling motor, so I usually have to find a tree and tie up. Kind of makes it a pain when I need to move a lot. I head up Cedar Creek cove because it's close, but wondering if there are better areas a little further away.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Cedar Creek will do the trick. Just tie up near the bank and cast jigs or use minnows under a bobber up close to the bank.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board. I can't help much with any info around Bucksaw but the others will.

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome,,,,j-15 Will Head U In The Right Direction
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Had best luck on 45 degree banks and points. I caught a few in Cedar Creek as well as up the Grand past the bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Nixa Mo. As everybody else as stated banks & points. Also check in at the marina & they will head you in the right direction. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Book a trip with Richard at Bucksaw Marina and you will catch your limit and learn all about the areas from Bucksaw to Long Shoal.
    Marvin and Brad are also good guides if you can not book Richard.
    Money well spent.
    On tuesday we caught our limit once it warm up.