Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bandit 200 Crankbaits

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bandit 200 Crankbaits

What are the most productive patterns / colors on the Bandit 200 for trolling for crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

For me it is normally the smoke or chrome and sometimes pearl. I am not much into the bright and odd colors but that could change.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

Clear Water
    Tennesee shad, Louisiana Shad, Threadfin Shad, Citrus Shad, Chrome Blue Back, Pearl Black Splatter Back

Stained Water
    Chartreuse Black Stripe, Taco Salad, Pearl, Mistake, Spring Craw, Solid Black, Mad cow

Seems like the solid colors that look more like a shad or minnow work better in clear water for me and the one with stripes or color variations and are darker work better when the water is stained.

I prefer to pull Norman Deep Baby N's to bandits however. They are just a touch smaller. They do not have the same color selection as bandits however.
    Last edited by smashdn; 04-30-2009 at 08:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Pearl/red eye had done the best for me.

Here's their chart if you don't already have it.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I fish clear water and prefer anything with some chartreuse.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smashdn View Post
    Clear Water
    Tennesee shad, Louisiana Shad, Threadfin Shad, Citrus Shad, Chrome Blue Back, Pearl Black Splatter Back

Stained Water
    Chartreuse Black Stripe, Taco Salad, Pearl, Mistake, Spring Craw, Solid Black, Mad cow

Seems like the solid colors that look more like a shad or minnow work better in clear water for me and the one with stripes or color variations and are darker work better when the water is stained.

I prefer to pull Norman Deep Little N's to bandits however. They are just a touch smaller. They do not have the same color selection as bandits however.

That is a pretty big selection of lure colors there and some good information as far as water conditions will have to see how some of those colors work in my area, thanks

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the chart.
    I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend.

Post Thanks / Like

You may want to throw awesome pink in your selection for stained water conditions. The fishies at Sardis kill it.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been able to find the pink ones but have heard lots of good stuff aobut them in stained water. One of the wally marshall videos I have they catch a bunch of fish on the pink ones. they are wally marshall signature series or whatever but a pink bandit ought to be just as good.

How many rods are you guys trolling with? I bought two driftmaster rod holders to run off the front of my boat (PF 16) just straight out to the sides. Would I gain that much by dropping two rod holders back a touch farther and getting some longer trolling rods? Right now I think I have a spread of about 16 feet just using two 6.5 foot rods.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been able to find the pink ones but have heard lots of good stuff about them in stained water. One of the wally marshall videos I have they catch a bunch of fish on the pink ones. they are wally marshall signature series or whatever but a pink bandit ought to be just as good.

How many rods are you guys trolling with? I bought two driftmaster rod holders to run off the front of my boat (PF 16) just straight out to the sides. Would I gain that much by dropping two rod holders back a touch farther and getting some longer trolling rods? Right now I think I have a spread of about 16 feet just using two 6.5 foot rods.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast