Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Kind of line?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What Kind of line?

I know everyone has there favorites, just getting ready to re spool a few reels and with so many to pick from, I was wondering what your putting on your reels this year..... Me, I usually just go with the Trilene 4lb clear....

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Trilene XL 6lb clear fluorescent, but been wanting to experience p-line with coated fluorocarbon. Have to get thru my 3,000yd spool first tho.

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Blocko, I've used Trilene XL 4# for years. It was a good line for me. I only recently changed to Vicious 4# clear blue and have no complaints yet. I got away from the Trilene and went to all braid, which I still have on some of my poles. Haven't decided yet if I hate the braid or not.

"gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

XXXP-line 6# clear or green. Best line I've ever used. Very strong, limp and abraison
    resistant.

Post Thanks / Like

Trilene XL 8lb Fluorescent Clear/Blue The best I have used.

Post Thanks / Like

well i redid all of my ul to mr crappie #4 and have been very pleased with it so far. dont try the berkly vanish #6 it aint worth a darn. oh yeah i forgot to say i use the hi vis yellow were these old eyes can see it
    Last edited by ga.crappie&breamguy; 04-29-2009 at 10:01 PM. Reason: for got something

Post Thanks / Like

Vanish, worst line I have ever used.

I like Stren or Cabelas line #4. I like both and both are equal from my fishing results. I do like the 6# Cabelas line more than the Stren 6# though.

As for braids, I have Remington Braid on 3 poles and I love it. Extreme long distance casting, no digging in from a big fish and no gouging the eyes of my poles. Have some I have used for 6 years now.
    I love taking my kids fishing, now if I could just manage to fish at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using 2 & 4 lb Fireline in smoke and flame green since it came out in the late 90's and then, when Fireline Crystal hit the market, I switched to that but recently, I've had some time to experiment with Stren "Microfuse" in 2 lb test. So far, it's performed as good or better than any of the Fireline I have used. It's got original Strens Flourescent color so it's very easy to see above the water but almost invisible below.
    Also, it's tough as nails and while doing dead weight tests, I found it broke between 6.6 and 8.0 lbs depending on conditions.
    Amazing line for tossing micro jigs with long rods ! Also nice for using unweighted floats where you'd normally need a weighted one to get the jig where you want. I casts a country mile and has no stretch !
    Now the only question is if it will hold up as well as the Fireline after years of use !

Post Thanks / Like

Berkley trilene XL clear(always always always XL, tried the XT stuff once, never again) anywhere from 2-10lb test, just depends on the required line.
    About 2 years ago i bought a small pack of "vanish" that was clearanced about half price at a wal-mart, it was 4lb test, and was a brown color. I absolutley loved the stuff! it was limp, didnt jump off the reel like a P/Oed rattler, and was very strong. That was however awhile ago, and i noticed about 2 weeks after i bought it, vanished had a different label, and said"new grade" on the box, just wondering if anybody used it a few years ago and liked it. Myself, ive been afraid to try it since i have heard all the bad reports on it. Man i used to love floro...those were the days.

HB

Post Thanks / Like

trilene XL floursent blue for as far back as i can remember. Usually 6# on for flat fish.
    Freedom isnt free, semper fi
    KI4SYJ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast