Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deformed fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default Deformed fish

Have any of you run across fish that are shaped odd. I caught a crappie Sunday that was shaped a little odd. When i tried to clean the fish it's back bone was all twisted. Has anyone ever came across this?

Post Thanks / Like

NBCrappie i have a saltwater aquarium and have had a fish with the same type of thing happen to it, have also caught a channel cat that was goofy looking (looked like its back was curved down in a hard turn from behind its head to its tail). looking in to the condition i have found 2 possible causes in the saltwater fish. sporoza or tuberculosis, either way no treatment, and the fish soon found himself in the big porcelin bowl in the sky. either way have seen a similar thing in a channel cat.

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

I caught a crappie at St.Mary's a few years ago that had an S curve in it's spine. The fish would probably have been 11 plus inches, but with the curve was less than 9". Didn't seem to be any worse for wear besides that. Big belly and all. Also caught a big blue cat from the Ohio river once with what looked like a golf ball growing off his head. Tuberculosis? Wow! Didn't know fish could get that. Better watch it. We have swine flu out there now, next might be crappie TB.LOL.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default wear a mask crappie fishin boys!!!!!!!!! ha ha

well to be honest speck not sure if crappie can get it or not i do know that fresh and saltwater fish can though, just a thought........or it could be CRAPPIE FLU...........maybe from those "pig crappie"........ ha ha... stay safe out there all, remenber to say a prayer for the fella who drowned family, God bless.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NBCrappie View Post
    Have any of you run across fish that are shaped odd. I caught a crappie Sunday that was shaped a little odd. When i tried to clean the fish it's back bone was all twisted. Has anyone ever came across this?
    Try not to set the hook so hard... that way you won't jerk a knot in his arse
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Injuries can cause it, disease can cause it and so can genetics. Once caught a hatchery trout that could have passed for a Blue gill. Taller than it was long. Found it is often caused from the fish jumping and hitting the concrete sides too hard.

Also saw a salmon once that was normal length but was 1/4 the width it should be. Looked like a pike with anorexia.

Just watch out for those 8 legged frogs.
    I love taking my kids fishing, now if I could just manage to fish at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

LMMFAO Yates...

I have caught several largemouth out of brookville lake that had a curved backbone, curve went down, they looked some kinda funny, and didnt fight like a normal fish, but both were purty good size, so they musta been able to eat.
    Somebody called it "Lordiosis" or something like that.

HB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yates View Post
    :D AH HA HA thats great yates.....oh yea and if you guys catch any cats from the Ohio river like that i probably did it to them before i learned about circle hooks :p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yates View Post
    My fishing partner and I both are over 6'3 and way over 275. He went "Roland Martin" on a crappie with a 14ft pole. The fish flew up in the air and came off the hook. He reaced back and caught over his shoulder as it was flying over the boat. Would have made "Sports Center" or a PETA training video.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a deformed NETMAN as a partner,he has chicken legs and a potbelly..you should have seen them legs after the tourney....EXTRA CRISPY instead of FAMOUS RECIPE!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast