Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: monroe crappie

hammertime Guest

Default monroe crappie

does anyone do well on regular bases with slabs---12+"s???

FullStringer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hammertime
    does anyone do well on regular bases with slabs---12+"s???
    The only 12+ fish I have caught there have been Walleyes. And I usually catch them while crappie fishing !! I have had the best luck fishing either side of the causeway, but I prefer the west side fishing the rip-rap. All this rain won't help our cause any..same as the last 2 years I guess.

hammertime Guest

hey fullstringer when do you think the crappies will spawn this year?

FullStringer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hammertime
    hey fullstringer when do you think the crappies will spawn this year?
    I hope in a wek or two. In the past, water temps need to stay 58-64 degrees. I fish a lake around Fishers near my home, I always kill them there this time of year. But the water temp was 59..and I had to work hard to catch 17 slabs..Thats fishing 3-4 hours on Sunday and Monday. They were on the bottom in 12-14 feet of water. The 17 caught were all 11+ inches. But on the same date last year, I had noted that I caught 35. The water temps need to stay in the low 60's..and that should happen in the next week or so.

FS

Post Thanks / Like

FS,

How big is the lake you fish?

FullStringer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by D.G.
    FS,

How big is the lake you fish?
    About 70 acres. Private lake with homeowners only. No public ramp, etc. You will see the occasional "relative" out there..but thats it. Use to be a gravel pit years ago from what I am told. I met a guy out there last year and he told me about this site. If I remember right..his name was treetop or something close to it. He turned me on to the slab fishin' right in my backyard !! If you are still out there tree..thanks a bunch my friend !!
    Good Fishin Evreryone !!!

Fullstringer

FullStringer Guest

Update..Went out yesterday and caught 36 SLABS..biggest was 1.74 lbs. Smallest was 11 inches. All caught in 15-20 feet of water on tube jigs (red/white). They were full of eggs..but are not in the shallows as of yet. What a blast that was. I cleaned fish till 9:00pm last night. Life is good. Talked to a neighbor that had a 7lb Largemouth in his livewell. Got a pic and released it.

hammertime Guest

Hey fullstringer,congrats. now your gettin my blood pumpin. What lake was you on? Sounds like the weather man might let them surface temps. get to those magic 60s. by wk.end.

FullStringer Guest

I live on a private lake in Fishers. Old gravel pit..about 70 acres. I am forunate enough to be retired, and have plenty of time for fishin' !!

hammertime Guest

Fish must be biting.. Nobody's talkin!!!