Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Gulf Shores Mackerel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gulf Shores Mackerel

Any information as far as catching these around gulf shores. I will be down next week and may rent a boat and try to catch some. I was told they were biting. No one intersted in taking my nephew and I out one day to catch some is there? We will pay fuel bait and whatever. Thought I would ask before I rented a boat or found a guide.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

spanish are eay to catch...if you got a boat..troll around with "mackeral tree" rigs...or shiny clark spoons... or if casting using clark spoons or gotcha plugs.....if they are there in the water you can throw a cigarette with a hook on it and they will bite it........look for boiling water or birds also
    I support catch and eat! :D

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Bite is on

Hi

Not sure about Gulf Shores as it is all ways about a couple of weeks behind this area in the big spring run which is going on in this area ... by that Cobia, Spanish, Pompano, Kings and Dophin .... had super reports on them ... we have had so much wind that it has been a little hard to get out and the surf has really been rough ... but when there is a break my sources are giving some great reports ... Bottom fishing has been good ...

Hope that helps

JSC

JSC On The Choctawhatchee

Post Thanks / Like

did well last year this time at gulf shores fishing the surf with a Mackerel rig with a Mcdonald's straw.Rig consist of a clear bobber you fill with water and a treble hook and straw on a trailer line and just throw it out and keep poppin it..caught kings,spanish,blues and ladyfish on it..good luck.. Gotca plugs worked also..

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I will see what I can figure out.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

Take a 1 oz weight abouve a swivel and with 20 lb fluoro carbon leader throw on a 2 inch spoon. silver usually works best. you can cast it or troll it.
    the15yr.old crappie fisherman.
    Fishin hard since 9/13/93