Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 4/18-22 Watts Bar Report

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up 4/18-22 Watts Bar Report

Sorry for the late post, I have been sick for a week. We didn't do too bad. We brought back 124 filets for 3 boats. Most of our fish were slabs between 11"-14", about half and half male/females. Biggest went 15". Water temps were between 57-63 degrees. Water clarity clear main Piney River, creeks were stained to clear. Fish were caught on float and jigs, float and minnows 3-4' deep around brush piles and laydowns. Best color was John Deere green on a 1/16 oz. roadrunner or jighead. 2nd place was red head white tube with a float and slider grub black/chartreuse. Fishing now should be fantastic. All of our fish were shallow and around cover, close to deep water. We caught a few trolling, most were caught casting or still fishing. Thanks go out to Crappiepappy and Dinkeydonker for their reports and PMs.
    Bassky

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Big Bass too...

I just wanted to add, my brother got his biggest ever while we were there, an 8lb. 1 oz. largemouth on a shallow lazer crankbait. His buddy got one that was 6lbs on a buzzbait. I know this is a crappie board but some of the guys like to bass fish too. My biggest was 4lb. on a shakeyhead worm.
    Bassky

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Hey Bassky ....

my fishin buds were down there, again, this past weekend .... stayed in the Whites Creek area, and didn't fair too well. I tried to get them to go up towards Piney/Fooshee area ... but, they didn't listen :D

Glad you got into them !! I'm going to have to make it a point to explore the Piney section, this Fall and/or next Spring.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Piney River area

Let me know if you decide to go and I will put you on some of our areas for you to try out. Be glad to furnish info for ya. We might be planning a fall trip in October, depending on economy, etc.
    Bassky

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Will do, Bassky ....

Quote Originally Posted by Bassky View Post
    Let me know if you decide to go and I will put you on some of our areas for you to try out. Be glad to furnish info for ya. We might be planning a fall trip in October, depending on economy, etc.
    Bassky
    ... though I doubt I'll be down that way before Oct. That's usually when we make our Fall trip, somewhere between mid to late Oct.
    Last couple of Fall trips haven't been "super", but we did catch fish. We may wait a bit longer, this year ... depending on how hot/long the Summer is. I've been down in mid Nov. and done good, so it is possible that we could make a trip or two, in those two months. We'll just have to wait and see how the year progresses.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like some great fishing was had by all.

congrats

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

=Bassky;782281]Best color was John Deere green on a 1/16 oz. roadrunner or jighead. 2nd place was red head white tube with a float and slider grub black/chartreuse. Bassky
    Those are two hot crappie baits on the 'bar right now, Bassky, especially the John Deere twister tail on a road runner. The red head-white tube jig caught my girlfriend's first fish in several years, I don't think she'd fished since she was a teenager.