Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kids

Post Thanks / Like

Default kids

whats the youngest you would take your kids out fishing? my little girl is almost 2 and i think she could handle a few hours with some toys fort the slow times. we've all (mom too) been out a few times and she did well. she i spend alot of time together so i think i might try it. what do you think?
    God bless America

Post Thanks / Like

I've had mine out at that age...she'll stand inbetween my legs and hold on while I run the motor.. She Loves it when we "go fast" then when we fish wants me to put ALL poles out.. then she plays with the minnows lol

Post Thanks / Like

I had both mine out by that age. They are 7&4 now.The toys and some snacks usually lets me get some fishing in when they were two. I always had my wife in the boat with me because I don't think I would have tried it alone. My four year old son absolutely loves the boat now.He just wants to go "SUPERSONIC" now.If only I had the boat to do it.(or a wife that would let me do it) keep the life vest on them. I try to get a safe and comfortable one for them so it will not annoy them to much.
    Good Luck,
    John

Post Thanks / Like

I had my grand-daughter on the boat at age 2 including a night fish/sleep on the boat trip. She likes the minnow bucket and releasing the small crappie.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

I bring my just-turned two yr old out for 2-3 hrs at a time in a little jon. My little ones wilt in the heat so that's what usually dictates how long we can be out. Only using a trolling motor so speed isn't an issue. He's happy to scamper about in the boat while we're sitting still. I only have two rods out when he's with me as I wouldn't want to try to keep track of more than that. Plenty of snacks, water, a hat, vest, and gobs of sunscreen fit the bill. Brought him back pink once and got a (justified) scolding so I'm pretty conservative now. Little ones don't know when to brace themselves, so hold them tight if you're going to dock or otherwise bump into something.

Anyway, a really good time if you adjust to their needs.

Post Thanks / Like

My 7 yr old started around 3-4 yrs old fishing. Always made sure he had lots to do(and not just fish). We would hit the bank and go look for turtles, frogs, anything interesting in the woods. Sometimes we would get out and wade the shoreline to see neat stuff. It's a great way to teach them your love of the outdoors. I always tried to bring my son back before he was ready to go. He now fishes all day and never complains.

Post Thanks / Like

Default My little Girl

I had my daughter out easter weekend at TT and she reeled in her 1st crappie on her barbie rod. She turns 2 next week. It is the 7th time I have taken her out. There are 2 things she loves to do. Play in the boat and take inventory of my tackle boxes. I sent yadkinguide some Pics hopefully he will post them in the upcoming NC Sportsman mag.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Take 'em out!!

Take her fishing. I had mine out by that time, but you have to remeber that fishing is never the main objective with little ones. Toys and snacks are a must. Just go catch a few brim and let them play with them in a bucket. they will soon want to go out and get a biggun'. Hook your kids on fishing everyone. Many lessons can learned on the water, not just about fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking yep

my youngest caught and kissed his first fish just before turning two! His mother still has never forgive me for letting him kiss that first one!!LOL then he played with the miinnows and ate cookies! Caught it in a little pond in Bridgeman, Mi.. and wow, they grow up so darn fast! He caught the biggest two fish this past sunday!

Post Thanks / Like

Default got to be patient

I am finding out - it ain't the quality of the fishing but he quality of who ya fishing with
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast