Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Dang them satelites get close

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dang them satelites get close

Go to this site and type in your street address, city, and state and you will more than likely see your house.
    Google Maps
    Last edited by father of 4; 04-27-2009 at 08:56 PM.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Not a sat, they send vehicles around recording in surround, but too cool. They have ongoing lawsuits for invasion of privacy.
    Last edited by Crappie Reaper; 04-27-2009 at 09:10 PM.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Well im sure glad I wasnt outside picking my nose lol
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

They must do this yearly,because this is a different pic than I first seen of my house on this web sight.The things they pay people to do these days.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Reaper View Post
    Not a sat, they send vehicles around recording in surround, but too cool. They have ongoing lawsuits for invasion of privacy.
    I have google earth downloaded and installed on my computer.. I have seen places on it that I wouldn't think you could see if it weren't satelite imaging.. maybe I am missing something though.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely Google mobiles. If you pan straight up you can see the clouds too. Surround imaging is the bomb! Sattelites are restricted to an aerial view only.
    Wichita

Post Thanks / Like

Regardless on how they do it, it's pretty cool. I looked up my addy and the picture of my house was taken sometime late last summer. I can tell because my project boat and my fiberglass were in the front yard. That was for about a two week period in July. Surprised it didn't catch me takin a whiz on the side of the house. I've seen one of the vehicles driving around before. I'm probably on candid camera somewhere.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

it is pretty cool. You can use your keyboard arrows to "drive around" your neighborhood.

Sad, they google van caught an image of my neighbor, waving at the google van, who passed away last year of a stroke.
    John 21:3
    Simon Peter said to them, "I am going fishing." They said to him, "We are going with you also." They went out and immediately got into the boat, and that night they caught nothing.

And we act like this Nightstalking thing is new.

For some excitment, read the next verse. A special guest arrived, they filled their coolers and had a fish fry on the beach...in the morning. My kind of people.- Bowfin

Post Thanks / Like

The sensation is called "Street View" and complements Google Earth's satellite view. Most of the world's communities do not have a street view yet. Here is a part of a web forum about all this:

Using Street View in Google Earth | Google Earth Blog

And if you Google "Google Earth Street View" you will see lots more.