Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Driftmaster Rod Rester 600

Post Thanks / Like

Default Driftmaster Rod Rester 600

Anyone use these, how well do they hold rods and will they hold rods running WOT down lake? Thinking of adding some to my driftmaster rod holders.
    Thanks
    HWG
    It's not the numbers or the size, it's the time spent on the water!

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod Resters

I use them as well as sell them and yes they work. One thing that scares me about your question was WOT. How fast is that? My boat will run 80 mph so the answer would be no the rods would not be safe at WOT. If you are talking about 10-16 feet rods, the answer is yes they will work but not at high speeds. If you are talking stronger 6-8 feet rods then obviously the speed would increase. They are designed to move from one spot to another and not for trailering or for WOT. I will tell you they are nice on my guide trips for retying, rebaiting, or just moving from one spot to another. They are also adjustable for different size rod butts. Yes they are a sweet item.

Yadkin Guide
    Extreme Fishing Concepts

Post Thanks / Like

I use rods up to 16' in console rod holders and run 45 mph with no problems.
    Maynard thanks for replying.
    It's not the numbers or the size, it's the time spent on the water!

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wouldn't Recommend It

I would not feel safe about 16 feet rods and 45 mph. That is a lot of pressure on a small area. That is also a lot of pressure on the butt of the rod and could lead to disaster. I maybe totally wrong but I would try one before I used a bunch of them.

Yadkin Guide
    Extreme Fishing Concepts

Post Thanks / Like

Yadlin Guide, How do you adjust them for different sizes? I would guess squeeze with pliers? I have a pile of them and they are very loose.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Adjustment

You are correct. Get some large vise grips or put them in a vise and squeeze them together some. They don't bend easily (you would not want them to) but they are designed to bend. I have them on all the rod holders on my boat.

Yadkin Guide
    Extreme Fishing Concepts