Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truman Sunday & Monday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman Sunday & Monday

This is great stuff!

Avery Bottoms

Sunday fished from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM

4 people and 40 fish

The wind was brutal and the trolling motor gave up the ghost or we would have easily limited out! My dad caught his biggest crappie ever 15 3/4", it was a true hog! We only threw back 4 fish and only measured a couple. Most were huge females between 12-14". I couldn't believe it, I've had other trips with far greater numbers but never have I been with so many fish of this size!!!!

Monday I took my dad and grandpa. It's a great thing to take them both, I wouldn't be crappie fishing today if it weren't for grandpa taking me when I was little. He gave up so much time rerigging my poles and taking off fish, etc... He is starting to have trouble getting around and this could very easily be the last year he gets to fish, hope to take him a lot.

Fished from 2:00 PM to 5:00 pm.

3 people and 38 fish we would have easily finished out limits but I stayed an hour longer than I was suppose to!

These fish were mostly males and no where near the size. The majority were 9-10" and we threw back a bunch. Only had three or four over 12". They are still fun to catch!

Here's the details

Water temp - 59-64 degrees. They were not on the banks but out in 4-10' of water. They were anywhere from on top, yes come to the top and hit, to on the bottom. The points of the spawning coves were best, however the middle of the coves were pretty good as well. Sunday color didn't matter however today they preferred blue and white. We caught them on other colors but the blue and white out fished 4 to 1.

Go get em'

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

Good job Brad sounds like fun

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nice

Way to go Brad. That's great that you took them out.

Excellent report. Thanks.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you really had a great time. Good work

Post Thanks / Like

good going brad, wheres avery bottoms

Post Thanks / Like

WAY TO GO BRAD. man thats where i should have went. thats great you took your dad & gpa as i know both of them. ive never actually been to avery. do you launch somewhere off B highway?

Post Thanks / Like

Avery bottoms?? It's one of those places that if you've never been there its hard to explain, do you know what I mean? It's the Pomme De Terre arm of Truman lake up river from the hwy 83 bridge. There are several different names that people call it, however if you look at a map it is approximately the 18 mile marker of the pomme arm.

I go up hwy 65 past Cross Timbers and turn on the gravel road at the old rock house. It's the old rock house that everybody around here knows!?! It is then about five miles of gravel road. When you come to a three way you can go any direction and put in on gravel bars, the direction you turn doesn't matter just pick one and go!

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

thats where we tore them up this weekend unbelievable

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great time ,Brad! Thanks for the Info.
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Good time had by all - WTG
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast