Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Capital Tourney weigh in

Post Thanks / Like

Default Capital Tourney weigh in

Any comments on the possible dq situation during weigh in at the capital tourney. Didn't hear all the facts but from what I did seems like they should have been DQed. ( On a dock with pole in hand during tourney hours by another angler entered in tourney). Seems fishy.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishy

Sounds like back in my tournament days, we would pull into a cove and i would get out and work one bank with my long pole and buddy would work the other with the boat, next thing I know it is aganist the rules... I thought it was working pretty well for us....... now u must stay in the boat........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

since you asked, I dont care

Post Thanks / Like

ya on a dock with a pole and their trolling motor was broke how do you fish on a windy day like it was sat. with no trolling motor if they are going to have rules then they need to stand by them or dont have any

Post Thanks / Like

I'll stand beside Beagle, who cares?
    DID YOU SEE THAT IT HAD TA BE A STATE RECORD!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spoonman View Post
    I'll stand beside Beagle, who cares?
    WELL SOME OF US CARE WEATHER YOU DO OR NOT.I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Man this can be a tough situation, there are so many variables. Rules are established to keep the tournaments fair to one and all, if everbody follows the rules then no one can complain.

There are some things to consider - Was there a rule in the entry form stating no fishing on docks or one must stay in the boat? Was there concrete proof of cheating or is this one boats word against another? It's hard to dq someone when one boat claims cheating while the others says they were not! Unfortunately sometimes people are jealous of someone else and make up accusations. The solution is simple just about everybody has a camera or camera phone any more - take a pic and prove it! Pretty hard to beat the evidence! Ask the boat who complained if they would pay for a polygraph if the other boat passed it! Put your money where your mouth is.

I know from running tournaments over the last few years I have had to modify a number of rules. I know it seams silly but ask the guys on here with experience in the court room, it will often come down to technical stuff.

I hate cheaters and personally think cheating in a fishing tournament is the lowest of low. As anglers, sportsmen/women, conservationist and just HUMAN BEINGS we owe it to God, ourselves, family and EVERYBODY to be honest!

If there was cheating kick them out, dq them, tar and feather them on the town square. Don't forget to send me their names, descriptions and what they fish out of so I can kick them out of my tournaments before they even enter!

Just my two cents.

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the positive feedback Beagle.