Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOZ wekend of 4/25-26

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ wekend of 4/25-26

Well as everyone knows it was windier than a sumb!$@h, but there were surely crappie to be caught. Prolly caught 15-20 myself, including one nice'un that was 14" and weighed 1lb 6oz. Asked the fiance if she brought the camera and said she did, yet mysteriously could not find it at the time. Well I let the big girl go (the fish that is!) and when we got home I 'm looking through the bag and low and behold there's the camera! Well no biggie, I only kept about 3 or 4 fish and gave them to my buddy who kept prolly 10 himself. We could have kept more, but we let a ot go to make new crappies for years to come. We caught the nicer ones out suspending around the docks with 1/16th oz. jigs and color didn't seem to matter as much as location. It seems like you would catch lots of certain docks and then not catch any for a while. There were also males running around shallow got into water as warm as 64 deg. on Sunday. We were around th 7-8mm of the main lake ot LOZ.

Post Thanks / Like

Good report, Mike. We kept 85 from our efforts Friday through Sunday (three guys). Fished the Gravois late Thursday and were shut out. Nothing. Water was pretty clear. Made the move down to the Glaize arm on Friday morning and had much better luck. We were probably 9 miles or so down into the Glaize and the water color was much better (dingier). Caught most of them jigging over brush piles in 10-15 FOW. Lots of fat, fat females. Seemed to us they were still sitting out there staging a bit, although we talked to others who were catching fish on the bank, as well. Used all colors of jigs. Wind sucked but, boy, what beautiful weather otherwise.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

We spent 3 days in the Gravois and caught nothing. We just fought the wind. Should have moved but didn't really know what to do. That is why it is hard to get on them in a short trip. Should have called Bugman sooner.

Post Thanks / Like

As I posted in another thread, my boy and I caught our 30 Sat and again Sun. Sat was the better day for us, took about 3 hrs to get our limits. The fish had pulled off the banks about 20ft suspended about5-6ft. We've been using 1/32 jig heads with mostly garland baby shad with some slab busters thrown in too. Sun it took us about 6hrs to fill the limits. Every one of em came from in, around, under, etc a dock. My boy caught some really nice females ( and he let me know about it! :D ) which is very cool by me, I'd much rather have him catching the fish than me catching em! I was fishing the Gravois Arm as usual, water temp ranged from 60-64.5.

I took today and tomorrow off, gonna go up and try around the bagnell dam area today I think. Time to put the rain gear on!
    Fishin' is cheaper than a psychiatrist.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    As I posted in another thread, my boy and I caught our 30 Sat and again Sun. Sat was the better day for us, took about 3 hrs to get our limits. The fish had pulled off the banks about 20ft suspended about5-6ft. We've been using 1/32 jig heads with mostly garland baby shad with some slab busters thrown in too. Sun it took us about 6hrs to fill the limits. Every one of em came from in, around, under, etc a dock. My boy caught some really nice females ( and he let me know about it! :D ) which is very cool by me, I'd much rather have him catching the fish than me catching em! I was fishing the Gravois Arm as usual, water temp ranged from 60-64.5.

I took today and tomorrow off, gonna go up and try around the bagnell dam area today I think. Time to put the rain gear on!
    I would say the experience we had was exactly the same as you as far as the 20' suspended down 5-6' around/in docks.

Post Thanks / Like

Ended up with 13 keepers up around the dam area. Caught a ton of small fish. All around the docks. Got my @ss wet too, it rained hard on me a few times.
    Fishin' is cheaper than a psychiatrist.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report Mike, fun to catch them there hawgs!
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BuckCreekMike View Post
    I would say the experience we had was exactly the same as you as far as the 20' suspended down 5-6' around/in docks.
    Pretty similar on the main channel by the 2mm. Caught a lot down just 1-2' around the docks. Caught some right after the lure hit the water. Lots of dinks but ended up with about a dozen keepers.

Mike
    "Jackpot"
    Webmaster for: http://www.slabbuster.com and other fine sites.