Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Guy

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Guy

Cool site,

Had a great week in Eastern Va..(Diascund Resevoir), one of the best ever.(between hurricanes). Boated a bunch of crappie with my brother-in-law, most about 8-9 inches,, a few maybe 1-1.5 lb...kept a few for lunch.
    Just read about nibbles on your site- will have to try some.

Not sure what's up with the long poles-I've seen one guy on the lake with them, what's the advantage?

Best Regards,

David

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Gil/David ...

Welcome aboard !

I'm mostly a jig slinger, myself, and use 6 and 7 foot rods ... so I'll let the "longpole" anglers answer your questions about their use and advantages. .........luck2ya ......cp

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard... Long rods are essential to vertical jigging type situations to keep you away from the structure you are fishing... Quality is the key due to feel.... 100 % graphite is a must....... Slow trolling or spider rigging -- Long rods are crucial to keep the rigs away from the boat./..One thing that I have found is that I really do not like using shorter rods now that I have been using longer rods..... I just like the feel better and the control you have over the fish ,,, especially when they are good size.... Before you get in to long rods though do some research.... This site is a great place to do this....

See ya... Feel free to holler at me anytime ....