Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Theives

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Theives

I posted this on the Arkansas Board but thought I would post it here also. Got a call today from the Marina where I have pontoon boat stored. They said someone had broken in all the lockers at the dock and suggested I come up to check if I had anything missing. When I got there I could tell the locks had been cut off my rod boxes. They stole everything. 8 Wally Marshall Trolling Rods with linecounter reels, 4 Pflueger 6725 reels with ultra light rods, 6 Abu Garica 500 with ultra light rods, all my Bandit crankbaits(125 more or less), Humminbird 797 ci SI. So if anyone hears of someone that has some of this gear for sale please let me know. I am not the only one that got hit they hit every boat. Anything they could steal they did. I don't think there are many people that have 18' Wally Marshall rods with linecounter reels on them so maybe they will show up in a Pawn Shop somewhere. So for the time being I am out of the fishing business. I know it is just STUFF but it sure make you mad. I can replace my things but there was an oler gentleman from Memphis that was crying saying he had saved his whole live to have his fishing equipment and now it is all gone. I hope these dogs are caught.

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate to hear this stuff. One time, in the real world I used to live in, they hung horse thieves. In this world of pacifism, the thieves are given a "get out of jail free" card and get sent to therapy.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if all the victims could come up with a list of stolen Items that can be easily ID'd.
    IE; a Fenwick rod might stand out over an Ugly Stick. Did any of the fishfinders stolen, have the Transducer with them?
    Most FF's you find on Ebay or Craig's list dont have the Transducer.

So if you had a credible list, maybe you could set up some thing with Craigs list to watch for those Items. I doutbt if Ebay would even talk to you about something like that, so you'd have to set up your 'favorites' search for those items.

Also, let the cops know in all the major cities around. They have a Hock-shop detail that check's the Hock-shocks regularly.

On tackle boxes, the Thieves just dump the stuff out and pitch the box. Some of the lures they sell in a large plastic bowl.

The Rod's n' Reels get seperated. The Thieves will somtimes put Spinning Reels on a Bait casting rod. The theory is getting the interest of a Fisherman who knows the difference and sell a whole bunch of mis-matched stuff to him.

I've had so much stuff stolen from me over the years, and never got one piece of it back through normal channels.
    I just wish I could be better at fishing. Or maybe luckier!:D

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Never locked my house until I returned from Viet Nam. What happened to my world?

You get to needing to fish real bad, give me a call. I will treat you to a trip.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

sorry to hear about your lose maybe they will catch them
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad

Post Thanks / Like

I second that you should keep a sharp eye on the Craigslist adds in your area. Damn punks are just stupid enough to post the items right away to make some quick cash. Most likely some crank head. Did you happen to have any insurance? Even if I could afford to dock my boat, I'd have to strip it clean of anything of value. Hope you get everything back and catch the momos that did it. I've no tolerance of theives. Shoot first is my motto.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Shoot first is my motto.[/QUOTE]

I hear that
    "Mister, I love the way you wear that hat."
    "You don't know nothin'."

Post Thanks / Like

Not certain, but homeowners insurance might even cover that, even though it wasnt at home, never hurts to check. Likewise a possiblity of the owner of the slips/docks having insurance to cover the loss. Again, best off to try every option, this is why we have insurance, to cover losses. If your boats insured, try that, dont stop trying.

Sounds like they knew what they were doing, and knew what they were looking for, so it rules out teenagers out for a cheap thrill. Really good chance of this stuff popping up on craigslist/ebay ect. Also check out any local flea markets, and by local i mean within a 100 mile range. Definately were targeting fishing gear for a reason, and if somebody just wanted to steal some gear for themselves, they would have stopped at one, not multiples.
    Theft is a crime that hits home, literally. Most everybody has been hit for one thing or another in there lifetime, and it never gets any easier to deal with, regardless how many times youve been had.
    I really really hope you get somewhere with the insurance avenue, because recovery of misc items/gear is very unlikely through law enforcement.

If your ever up in the south-west OH south-east In area, you let me know, you have a fishin trip on me as well.

HB

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that Creekslick, Yea watch the paper and check the pawn shops often. I'm not to far away and I'll keep my ears and eyes open.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that Creekslick. Been there myself, few years back.
    Before I got into Crappie fishing, but they got several boxes full of bass
    lures. Ones I miss most are all the old wood topwaters I'd picked up at
    Mom and Pop stores as a kid
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast