Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Okay guys, what is a wingit Bobber?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Okay guys, what is a wingit Bobber?

Hillbilly, mentioned in his post a WINGIT bobber. What is it? Sounds cool, I'll buy one, I guess. Post one here in Crappie.com. Like too see what it looks like. Windy today, tried fishing for a while only caught two crappie. Wind 20 to 30 miles hour.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's this

But don't hold me to it.. that's what Google said it was

Jason
    I couldn't think of anything witty to put here....
    Click my Homepage to help me in Gladiatus :D

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't know myself until I googled it, but I've seen them in tackle shops/bait stores.

Post Thanks / Like

They do seem to cast further than a round slip float. I use them, a little more money than a regular float. They have less resistance on the water and in the air.

Post Thanks / Like

Ohter than my slip bobbers I use the Billy Boy Bobbers Oval weighted

Cabela's -- Betts Oval Floats - Weighted

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

I will go ahead and mention, i have used this bobber for years, and about 2 years ago, something changed. The first ones i used, the fixed system(using the spring to attach your line at a set depth) worked great, but after that time, something changed, and the fixed system just wont work right. I will tell you right now, if you use it, after about 3-4 cast, you'll throw the bobber off the line. I tried cutting the notch deeper, tinkering with the spring ect, just couldnt get it to work right. I seldom ever fish a fixed float any more, so i forgot all about that fact that this bobber does have issues in that area. Works great as a slip bobber though. If your local tackle shop sells them, spend the $2 and try one, im fairly certain you'll like them.
    use the small one if you can find them, normally the medium and large are most common. For you guys who fish heavy baits below slip bobbers(flathead fishermen, pike fishermen) the large one will really let you air out your cast, and still slip under the water with minimal resistance.

HB

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like them at all. Didn't cast well and my Eagle claw bubble floats work much better and were more durable. I modify mine now so I have a swivel or snap on the end for slip or fixed floats.
    I love taking my kids fishing, now if I could just manage to fish at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fish_4_all View Post
    I don't like them at all. Didn't cast well and my Eagle claw bubble floats work much better and were more durable. I modify mine now so I have a swivel or snap on the end for slip or fixed floats.
    Fish 4 all how about a picture of your handy dandy modification on that there float, would be interested in seeing what it looks like and how it works

Post Thanks / Like

Either get a slip model or a solid and drill a hole in it big enough to put the swivel into it. Then drill small holes big enough for some thin copper wire. Put the swivel in the hole and thread the wire through the top eye of the swivel. Wrap the wire and then epoxy over it. Have used them for 5 years now. If you want a slip bobber then you put the line through the bottom eye or simply put in a barrel instead of snap swivel.

I use this as a fixed or sliding. Fixed I simply snap it to the swivel on my line. Sliding I put the line through the bottom eye of the barrel.
    I love taking my kids fishing, now if I could just manage to fish at the same time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast