Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Reelfoot lake?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reelfoot lake?

How far of a drive is it to reelfoot lake from Cape Girardeau? I was thinking about going down there if i can make it down there and back in one day. Have always wanted to fish it for bluegill. And if someone is from the area where is a good place to put in? Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Reelfoot Lake is about 2 hours from Cape... great crappie and blue gill lake. My next door neighbors just got back this afternoon from Reelfoot and caught their limit on crappie (30 each) yesterday (most 11+ inches), a few 14.5 (2 lb).. they fished from the shore but said the boaters were catching huge blue gills. If you are taking your own boat, be VERY CAREFUL of submerged stumps. We have witnessed several fiberglass boats going down. Also, if it is a windy day, it is a very hard lake to fish. The best way to catch blue gills this time of year is to go through cypress trees close to the bank and use a jig tipped with a wax worm right beside the tree.. Good luck!
    Lisa

Post Thanks / Like

GO! For sure. We stay in Samburg at Southshore Resort. The folks on the Tenn. board are helpful, so you may want to check in there, as well.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

What is the read on the spawn at the Foot?? Goin on, over, not yet, what?? Went to Enid past week end and the wind was brutal, but we managed some keepers (over 12"). Want to try Foot, but can't get a feel for the spawn and when they are in shallow. Any help appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Default See Tennesse Board.

It's time.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bail. Comin to fish Sat. Stayin at Eagle's Nest Friday nite. Appreciate the help. I guess just find some shallow tree roots and give it heck. That about right??? Oh yea, jigs or minners best bout now??