Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wolf lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wolf lake

Someone tell me where this lake is please, and some basic info about it,average depth,water color ect.
    Biguns only:D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi

Sorry I can't be more help, but is it maybe close to Yazoo city? I tried to
    do some searching on the web for it, and couldn't find much. Hate to see
    somebody post something and not get any replys though!
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Near Yazoo, very long and very narrow. not sure of depth.

Post Thanks / Like

Wolf is right outside of Yazoo City on hwy 49. The lake is 23 miles long and lined with cypress trees. The lake is not very deep. The deepest I know of is about 16 feet or so. There is lots of structure in the lake. I have always worked parallel to the bank in 10 feet of water with a jig pole in each hand. Slowly work along the bank. You shouldn't have any problem catching fish. I recently trolled the lake during our crappie club finals and did well also. Good luck!
    B&M Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Pro Staff
    TEAM BAIT PUMP
    MAGNOLIA CRAPPIE CLUB

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info guys. I'm thinking about joining magnolia crappie club and wolf lake is one the the lakes on the 2006 list. I did not know where it was at.

rundljk Guest

Default Magnolia Crappie Club

England,

Don't think about joining, just do it. We would love to have you. We have two "Fruit Jar" tournaments coming up on Sept. 17 and Oct. 8 at Barnett. You don't have to be a member to fish these events and its only $50 per boat. Call me and I'll give you all the details. 601-353-8504.

Post Thanks / Like

RUNDLJK
    The only thing I dont like about it is that most of the tournements are in the southern half of the state. I live in the northern half and we have many fine crappie lakes up here, but I am more than likely going to join. I will not be able to fish alot of the tournements, but I will make the Grenada tourny. I wonder if the powers to be of this club have ever thought about having two divisions ( northern and southern ). Then having the two divisions go at it at the big event at the end of the season. Just a thought.

rundljk Guest

England,

I would be happy to bring up your idea about having two divisions at the next board meeting. The problem I see with it is just the logistics of managing the two. It takes a lot of work to keep up with the managment of the club as it is now.

I'm sure you've seen the schedule, but we are fishing Ferguson, Washington, and Grenada this year. Even if you can't fish a majority of the tournaments, with your membership you will get a copy of our newsletter that will follow every tournament. Let me know if you would like for me to send you an application or if you have any questions. 601-353-8504.